Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - second half of March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL..no I just love extreme weather,doesn't matter which type.

CPA will get some hail, strong winds and t-storms within the next few months.

Those of us in the southern part of the state (Franklin, Adams, York, Lancaster, Chester) usually end up with a week or 2 straight of daily afternoon T-storms.

I may make it down your way to chase a few storms for pics this year. Went to Lincoln Speedway last year, it was stormed out but had some BEAUTIFUL CG lightning shots in the flatlands!

Have at it!

I'd shoot for the York/Adams area during mid-afternoons between late may and early july, they tend to do the best. By the time they reach lancaster, cells are usually weakening.

I really wish I would have had my current job during the mid-atlantic outbreak last year.

64 out now. Think we could push 85. Got up to 82 yesterday.

A couple hours of sunshine could really help fire off a couple good storms around the region... Harrisburg missed record high by 1 degree yesterday but interesting that Williamsport, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Atlantic City all tied their record highs

64 out now. Think we could push 85. Got up to 82 yesterday.

85 will be tough. Things will have to line up exactly to get up that high. Extrapolating 850 temps with full mixing via the NAM gives roughly 88 degrees. I don't think we'll see full mixing due the cloudiness (more than yesterday), but if the clouds take longer in getting here then I could see low-mid 80's. The record high for today at KMDT is 86.

Also, watching that risk for severe wx...NSSL WRF model is nuts looking for us:

post-5336-0-07611700-1365598068_thumb.jp

I may make it down your way to chase a few storms for pics this year. Went to Lincoln Speedway last year, it was stormed out but had some BEAUTIFUL CG lightning shots in the flatlands!

Have at it!

I'd shoot for the York/Adams area during mid-afternoons between late may and early july, they tend to do the best. By the time they reach lancaster, cells are usually weakening.

I really wish I would have had my current job during the mid-atlantic outbreak last year.

Southeast York County is the extreme weather capital of PA. They get some good t-storms down there. 

Look at what we were talking about just one week ago today!

Currently 37/5 at UNV. In April.  :lol:

12z Euro gives central PA 6-12"+ of snow next week. Sigh...

Epic EURO fail there...

Currently 18° here...truly awful.  Should be quite a rebound for the day at least.

A week later...we are talking about lows in the mid 60s

And a T-storm threat! Talk about a turnaround

Meh, perhaps garden variety thunderstorms this afternoon.  Don't get your hopes up on a watch or warning.

Perhaps. If they can organize, then there's still a threat for damaging winds in the form of bow echoes. Oh, and lapse rates are going to be pretty steep so there's always the hail threat.

Well now it's 80 in Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, and Lebanon as of the 11am update. Looks like a realistic run at the daily record high in KMDT is happening.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say 80 - 84 for most of the LSV.  Visible satellite shows mid / upper level clouds working in from the west pretty quickly.

Archived