Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - second half of March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to snowing here. Flakes seem to be rimed a bit, so could be a sign of the warmer air starting to attempt to push into the central counties. Correlation Coefficient product indicating possible mixing especially in Cambria and southern Blair as well. 

post-1507-0-67293500-1363639997_thumb.pn

I feel like the guy who just found the invitation to the party! It is gettin serious here now with everything white and even paved surfaces starting to show some accumulation. This will definately impact travel at this rate of snowfall.

Well here in Lancaster, it is snowing. Coming down steady. Not sure how long it will last, but I will take it. Perhaps in Lititz north of here, it will stay a while longer. The temp I think got to 35 max. Pretty cold day for mid-March. Who said it can't snow in March!!!!! Sun angle, amount of day, pfffft  :thumbsup:

After a lull it's back to moderate to heavy here again.  About 1.7" of accumulation and still climbing.  I will be very happy with 2" since the ground will be entirely covered at that point.

Temp holding steady or even dropped ever so slightly to 31.3 degrees.  No signs of any mixing anywhere close to here at the moment.

Any very preliminary thoughts for next week?

Not convinced of anything for late March. The ingredients would literally have to come together perfectly to see snowfall across the region in the last half of March, and I just don't see those ingredients you want to see. AO is SUPER negative, but may be too negative for a big storm (will likely hold on to cool/winter-like conditions through the end of March). 

End of March snowstorms are rare...and for good reason. I'm surprised at how today turned out for many, and would be surprised again to see more snow even later into March. 

Archived