joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - second half of March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet here now

im thinking its going to start as sleet... then go full snow similar to state college... but then back to sleet/rain when the warm tongue pushes further north... theres a warm layer between 850-700mb that is leading the rest of the warmer air to the south that is not moving quite as quickly north as I previously thought

im thinking its going to start as sleet... then go full snow similar to state college... but then back to sleet/rain when the warm tongue pushes further north... theres a warm layer between 850-700mb that is leading the rest of the warmer air to the south that is not moving quite as quickly north as I previously thought

About how long ya think? I'm wondering if i should cancel indoor practice? (330-6)

About how long ya think? I'm wondering if i should cancel indoor practice? (330-6)

15z HRRR has it stay snow here and last from about 3-7pm with about 2-4" accumulation... its been too high with snow estimates all winter for our area... if we stay all snow an inch or two is possible but I still have that feeling it wont be much more than this past Saturday

15z HRRR has it stay snow here and last from about 3-7pm with about 2-4" accumulation... its been too high with snow estimates all winter for our area... if we stay all snow an inch or two is possible but I still have that feeling it wont be much more than this past Saturday

All sleet here didn't start as snow I would say we are doomed for no snow again.

15z HRRR has it stay snow here and last from about 3-7pm with about 2-4" accumulation... its been too high with snow estimates all winter for our area... if we stay all snow an inch or two is possible but I still have that feeling it wont be much more than this past Saturday

that was my guess too. Thanks

All sleet here didn't start as snow I would say we are doomed for no snow again.

dew points were pretty low so if we can manage a good rate where warm air is not hindering the flakes reaching the surface we will start as sleet until the column cools and becomes saturated, then possibly changing over to snow for a bit... so its still possible just not definite

Back edge of this current batch is moving a little faster than I'd like, but Pittsburgh radar shows a nice area of precip SE of the city and developing northward.

Closing in on an inch here - back edge is approaching - there's also an area currently starting to develop over central Ohio that may be another shot if the Pittsburgh stuff doesn't pan out.

Archived