Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Obs/discussion from the In and Out storm nobody cares about march 17-18

Ji

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is what I said on facebook saturday when i was thinking of upping the totals based on the gfs run. As zwyts said...just ignore the american models...use the euro 100% of the time. You will bust but for the most part you will be right

Well the American model Gfs is very snowy and the European model has less snow due to lack of precip. I think I'll stick to 1-3 inches. The American model has 6-8 for now

western loudoun has elevation. I have seen 4-6 there when ive gotten 1-2

I know that but LWX had almost the whole county under 2-4 and there were abundant precip issues even west.

I am convinced that Linden is the best place to chase in Northern Virginia. They have a different climate up there. I have friend who lives there who got 23 inches on March 6 and 8 or so inches yesterday

Totally agree - for some reason, Linden often seems to do better than areas both east and west of there.  After the Mar 6 storm, they had way more snow on the ground than Front Royal.

Totally agree - for some reason, Linden often seems to do better than areas both east and west of there.  After the Mar 6 storm, they had way more snow on the ground than Front Royal.

Linden has elevation over Front Royal, especially if you go off the beaten paths.  It's always a few degrees colder and usually wetter.  If you ever want to see how drastically weather can change in a short time/distance then go up to the top of High Knob some time.

I am convinced that Linden is the best place to chase in Northern Virginia. They have a different climate up there. I have friend who lives there who got 23 inches on March 6 and 8 or so inches yesterday

if you look at a map you'll see they appear to be at or near the top of the first ridge of mts. to the west

as for this morning, not even a flake imby

It was snowing pretty good when I left home at around 6:40 this morning.  Mulch was white and it was sticking nicely.  Based on reports, it sounds like I probably got close to .5".

Barely a flurry at work.

Rockin' March.

0.5" is what is going in my book.  A little better than a car-topper, but another sad event.  Just like a couple of weeks ago, snow on the ground really tailed off just to my east.

what did the euro give us?...the GFS is terrible....

I really doubt I had more than 0.10" liquid, so the euro was high and the american models were stupid high.

0.5" is what is going in my book.  A little better than a car-topper, but another sad event.  Just like a couple of weeks ago, snow on the ground really tailed off just to my east.

I really doubt I had more than 0.10" liquid, so the euro was high and the american models were stupid high.

this whole winter has been an early/late season event pattern except for the clipper that crushed cape may

I'll go with that, then.  I'm not a spotter or anything, so it doesn't really matter except to prove later on that this winter was awful.

Archived