joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing moderate here in freehold..Another wwa was just put out..

HUNTERDON-SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-MERCER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FLEMINGTON...SOMERVILLE...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...TRENTON1105 AM EST FRI MAR 8 2013...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THISAFTERNOON...* LOCATIONS...THE NEW JERSEY COUNTIES OF HUNTERDON... SOMERSET...   MERCER... MIDDLESEX AND MONMOUTH.* HAZARD TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 6 INCHES.* TIMING...PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO THE  AFTERNOON...PERHAPS MIXING WITH OR CHANGING TO LIGHT RAIN.* IMPACTS...SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL BE CONFINED MAINLY TO GRASSY  SURFACES. IMPACTS ON TREATED ROADS SHOULD BE MINIMAL.* WINDS...NORTH 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.

That band in CT pretty much just has been torn apart suddenly....big dry area between there and NE NJ where I am getting hit hard now....seems to be backbuilding for maybe another 30 min?

Yup it is defintiely weakening as soem of the data has pointed to. I'd say were back to 3/4 mile in stamford under that now.

I think this is the last heavier band moving through now for NE NJ....New RAP shows that dry area getting in here in the next hour, then dry for a couple hours (temps should warm to near 38-40?)....then some scattered rain/snow showers to follow for a couple hours before ending completely

rising you mean.?

no dropping, it was SN- before and now that I'm getting into the band, it's up to SN and about 1/2 mile visbility. It's breaking up, but hitting here in the same time. I think it's just the fact that it's been light here for a while, and so the snow needs to moisten the collumn again, should pick up shortly, band continues to move west.

-skisheep

Yup it is defintiely weakening as soem of the data has pointed to. I'd say were back to 3/4 mile in stamford under that now.

I'd say a bit less than that, I can't see trump parc from my house in hubbard heights(3/4 mile). Think we get into the heavier stuff as it continues to move west? RAP still has it getting heavy here until late afternoon.

-skisheep

The CT activity looks like it may be gaining some in intensity-coming into the north shore now. RAP has given us another burst for a few hours later from that over the last couple of runs. It'll be tougher now to accumulate but if it's heavy enough, could be another inch or two.

Archived