12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not often that during a statewide snow event that AC is colder than Sussex but right now they're at 31 as is Trenton and Mt. Holly with Moderate snow falling. Even more of an overperformer for areas to the south which pretty much were expecting an inch or less.

Definitely a rollercoaster ride this week, good busts, bad busts, major model inconsistencies. But in the end we'll probably all be happy with this event, especially if it ends up being the last one of the season for most.

wow it looks like that band on conn will make it into the hudson valley

The new nam and rap pretty much disintegrate that band southward before it reaches west..its gonna be close for stamford but it looks like we'll get into it, but Hudson valley will be tough...this combined with the daytime sunlight kicking in through the clouds now, id say most of us are done or only have 1-2" left to go...great storm ppl!

Nice! I have too much pavement around my place downtown, but i knew we had at least 5-6 when i woke up at 6am.. with that measurement holding up, stamford has passed 40" on the season.

Wow, suprisingly, with all the complaints about this winter, we are solidly above climo. I'm thinking we might get a foot here when alls said and done, people to my east in the band heading this way are reporting 2" per hour in it, and it's heading this way!

-skisheep

The new nam and rap pretty much disintegrate that band southward before it reaches west..its gonna be close for stamford, but HV will be tough...this combined with the daytime sunlight kicking in through the clouds now, id say most of us are done or only have 1-2" left to go...great storm ppl!

That band should make it to NYC...it's hauling on radar.

East New York, Brooklyn

+SN

31/30

~4" accumulation

The new nam and rap pretty much disintegrate that band southward before it reaches west..its gonna be close for stamford, but HV will be tough...this combined with the daytime sunlight kicking in through the clouds now, id say most of us are done or only have 1-2" left to go...great storm ppl!

I think we are going to get that band, It looks like it's heading right for us on radar. Don't think we are anywhere near done, Upton's warning goes until 6, and radar looks great to our east. NYC might be done, but I think we have a solid 3"+ to go.

-skisheep

The new nam and rap pretty much disintegrate that band southward before it reaches west..its gonna be close for stamford but it looks like we'll get into it, but Hudson valley will be tough...this combined with the daytime sunlight kicking in through the clouds now, id say most of us are done or only have 1-2" left to go...great storm ppl!

ok agreed... but we have close to a foot and this storm is AMAZING!!!!!

Down to light snow ahead of the band, it should be here in the next hour or so. 8" OTG, probably 9" storm total when accounting for compaction. 31 degrees and around 1 mile visibility probably, a 33 story building 3/4 mile from my house is visible, but none of the rest of the skyline.

-skisheep

Wow, suprisingly, with all the complaints about this winter, we are solidly above climo. I'm thinking we might get a foot here when alls said and done, people to my east in the band heading this way are reporting 2" per hour in it, and it's heading this way!

-skisheep

Route 84 Corridor looks like it is getting reamed. So 2" per hour sounds about right.

Looking to me like Long Island may be about done. The band from CT is having a tough time advancing further, and activity seems to be progressing west toward NYC. There will likely be more snow to come there but it might be hard to stick as we approach noon. Still coming down hard in Midtown.

I think we are going to get that band, It looks like it's heading right for us on radar. Don't think we are anywhere near done, Upton's warning goes until 6, and radar looks great to our east. NYC might be done, but I think we have a solid 3"+ to go.

-skisheep

I personally think thats a little aggressive based off the data i'm looking at, and accounting for temps 32-33 in march already, but I do agree we will get into this band in stamford...keep the ruler handy and keep me posted please.

Archived