12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another hour... another 0.25 viz from KNYC... Unreal. I'd be somewhat surprised if they didn't end up with 6 inches...

It's getting lighter now, but that activity in CT/eastern LI is trying to make it down here. Another inch or so isn't out of the realm of possibility I think. Could be quite a number of 6-8" reports in the city, if not the airports. Nassau north of Old Country Rd. already has well over half a foot most likely, and southern Nassau should verify with warning totals also.

Yes... the 8am report was 3 inches... and since 0.25 liquid has fallen... so just need a little more, i'd think... 

It's getting lighter now, but that activity in CT/eastern LI is trying to make it down here. Another inch or so isn't out of the realm of possibility I think. Could be quite a number of 6-8" reports in the city, if not the airports. Nassau north of Old Country Rd. already has well over half a foot most likely, and southern Nassau should verify with warning totals also.

I doubt the temps will stay below freezing when the precip lightens up before that though

If the band holds and temps jump up to 33 degrees, heavy returns will quickly push it back down to freezing or below. We have -6 850s over us.

Archived