• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

Coming down harder now as this band comes into NYC. Really impressed with the snowgrowth-wasn't expecting dendrite flakes like this. It's possible even parts of NYC end up with over half a foot, much of Queens looked like they had a few inches easy over an hour ago. Places like Syosset should end up with over a foot.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup saw that & i predict, accordingly, final snow tally of 5 in CPK. so we get 5.4 in Oct and 5 in March. nice bookends to the blizzartd to pop over the 20 inch mark

Ya and the truth is this winter could've surely been snowier but the lack of any sustained warmth for the most part (longer than a wk) since mid January has been impressive. Lot of nickle and dimers to so overall a pretty wintry winter and a nice step up from last yr

North shore of LI... 7 inches on top of cars, 8 on the deck and 9 on the table on the deck...

Might end up with a few 12" measurements when that nice batch of returns makes it here, looks like a prolonged period of heavier snow if it holds together

Guest Pamela

North shore of LI... 7 inches on top of cars, 8 on the deck and 9 on the table on the deck...

Might end up with a few 12" measurements when that nice batch of returns makes it here, looks like a prolonged period of heavier snow if it holds together

Town?

Guest Pamela

Measured 5.3" of new snow in Port Jefferson as of 8:20 AM / 6.3" from the 2 days combined.

Measured 5.6" of new snow in Port Jefferson as of 9:20 AM / 6.6" from the 2 days combined.

What an overperformer up here! Up to 8" on the grass(my earlier measurement of 6" was incorrect), 6" on pavement, and just beautiful! Pics are on page 52 of new england obs thread if anyones intrested. SN, 31 degrees.

-skisheep

Nice! I have too much pavement around my place downtown, but i knew we had at least 5-6 when i woke up at 6am.. with that measurement holding up, stamford has passed 40" on the season.

Guest Pamela

Huntington, my bad Haha

Are you near the West Hills County Park?  Would love to see a report from Jaynes Hill...

Archived