northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a crazy snow....its very wet, yet the flakes were/are so large that it piles up quick, and looks like a snow that fell in 10 degree temps. Pretty cool.

Dendritic growth can still exist and maintain their way down to the surface even when surface temperatures are relatively warm :) It's a lovely sight. 

Yup, i live on one of the ridges atop the palisades basically, there are spots up here that get over 600' especially near Rockland Lake. These early and late season snows are awesome for that....ive beat my parents house, only a mile away but at around 180', by more than 6" a couple seasons.

THat's a nice chunk of elevation. This is our storm to shine. lol. Bergen and especially Rockland don't get much love on this board.

Dendritic growth can still exist and maintain their way down to the surface even when surface temperatures are relatively warm :) It's a lovely sight.

Its honestly one of the most picturesque snows i can remember. Pasted to everything, but light. Lol.

My snow growth has really improved over the past few minutes. Up to 3.5" (on cold surfaces) and ripping. 

Nam absolutely nailed this...even had the snow growth zone lining up with best omegas by 12z...though it ended up not being bad at all up this way before then, good stuff.

we've book-ended this winter with 2 overperforming events. Pretty cool

Nam absolutely nailed this...even had the snow growth zone lining up with best omegas by 12z...though it ended up not being bad at all up this way before then, good stuff.

we've book-ended this winter with 2 overperforming events. Pretty cool

I agree, I hated how people were getting on the Nam with the coastal it was only off by 50 miles with the bands (the Precip was there). The 4k nam was even better with the coastal, it kept the bands just off shore on the sim radar.

Jackpot is looking like E Orange/Rockland/N Westchester/Putnam.. Widespread 8-12" in this immediate area.

Gonna go for another jebwalk soon, mostly because im not sure how much more we'll accumulate after this band is done, even if the next one makes it here.

Archived