joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valley Stream just came in with 6.2", and I think Bluewave sent it in (someone who definitely wouldn't inflate). Dsnowx also sent in a picture from RVC with nearly 5" on the ground when it was still snowing very hard. No way you only have 2" only 1-2 towns away. I had that or more in Long Beach at 6:30 this morning.

i have 2 inches...maybe and ZERO on paved surfaces

I'd ask you for your cell so I can text you pictures but I lost my phone last night :-(

ace is just pissed he lost his best of no snow. There is no way in the world that he has less than 2.5 at jfk from 10am 3 hours ago. He's obviously way off. Ace this was a good bust. Enjoy the snow and smile

why would I lie??? There is not more tha 2-2.5" where i live - there may have been more at 7AM, but alot has melted and it hasnt snowed in a while (2 hours of so)

why would I lie??? There is not more tha 2-2.5" where i live - there may have been more at 7AM, but alot has melted and it hasnt snowed in a while (2 hours of so)

gotcha. So youre not saying 2-2.5 total but thats whats on the ground. You probably received 3-4 but with compaction, warming temps you are where you are now.

About 6" depending on where you are in westfield. A bit less than surrounding areas but maybe we just had a bad draw of ambient temps last night. Really pasty thick snow, and its starting to lighten up too. These bands are finally sinking south, but it's been one hell of a ride for the last 12 hours.

Awaiting the 9" report from atop Mount Earthlight later :)

i have 2 inches...maybe and ZERO on paved surfaces

I'd ask you for your cell so I can text you pictures but I lost my phone last night :-(

Ahh well. It's still a lot better than the pretty much zero I had a sinking feeling we were getting at this time yesterday. It's scenic and a last reminder of winter.

Archived