12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can, the recent blizzard.  Honestly, the NAM is a horrid model. 

The NAM was the only model showing 4" QPF amounts for LI while every other model wasn't. But in this situation, I toss the NAM, I'm also tossing the GFS because it's basically nothing for us. Ride the Euro.

Also for everyone else, the trashing of NCEP models need to stop. Just because it doesn't show you what you want you people get pissed off and hate on it. Ridiculous

I'M at the point where I'm only going to worry about now-casting. The models are useless at this point and are causing more confusion than their worth.

- Maybe the HRRR and RAP can help tomorrow at least they were pretty good with the short term in 2/6 storm.

Incredible how different the NAM and GFS are with this storm. The GFS still seems to have some kind of feedback issue here that the NAM doesn't seem to have, and the RGEM seems to be much more in the NAM's camp here. However, models seem to continue to trend the ULL southeast tonight, which could make for much of this being a miss for us only to re-congeal east of us. Honestly, I have no clue which direction to lean towards. Epic, horrendous bust incoming for one of the two camps, that's for sure. I guess we can hope the NAM finally found a clue?

Not mindlessly bashing the models has nothing to do with political correctness. Anyway...

We bash models as well as each other. Don't take it so personal. We all respect you're work and the depth of the NCEP products.

Now how can the GFS and NAM be on different planets 24 hrs out in a major metropolitan area ?

One of them r gona bust on this In NYC you have to agree thats an issue for major municipalities.

The NAM has the support of every short term high res model. Clearly a battle going on between the globals and the short term high res.

And we know the Short Range (except the RGEM) have way over done QPF in some ways.

so sick of people saying THROW OUT GFS!!!... if it was a good run, you guys wouldn't have said a word. It is beyond annoying at this point. 

The GFS has been lost ever since 12z yesterday showing a different solution each time and having suspect feedback problems. No other model currently supports something as extreme as the GFS. Nothing...

Archived