bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous. Precip has already started in DC, And here we are trying to figure out what's going to happen. The model divergence is unprecedented with <24 hrs of lead time. We've seen model wars before at 60/48 sometimes 36 hrs...but <24 is a first 

GGEM is very good actually. If you factor in its hideous warm bias, that is easily warning criteria snow for NYC metro IMHO.

Yet more reason to think the GFS is just off. If the Euro comes in better, that's absolutely the way to go.

This is a discussion we usually have 3-4 days out, not 18 hours. :P

If the Euro stay

Geez. If euro holds serve I think we may start to get some consensus

Yeh .75 is all we need. I don't like this 2 part scenario. It never works. We want as much on the front end as we can get. The back end stuff had to b taken w a grain of salt.

Yet more reason to think the GFS is just off. If the Euro comes in better, that's absolutely the way to go.

This is a discussion we usually have 3-4 days out, not 18 hours. :P

Lol heck even the UKIE is better than the GFS. I think the Canadian models are too warm, good with the qpf but too warm with temps as per usual. More snow than advertised on the Canadian models.

If the Euro stayYeh .75 is all we need. I don't like this 2 part scenario. It never works. We want as much on the front end as we can get. The back end stuff had to b taken w a grain of salt.

Agreed. I do think we get some with that inverted trough though. Would probably only be of the 1-3 variety but if we get 2-3 out of it it'd be a nice plus

Ridiculous. Precip has already started in DC, And here we are trying to figure out what's going to happen. The model divergence is unprecedented with <24 hrs of lead time. We've seen model wars before at 60/48 sometimes 36 hrs...but <24 is a first

Lol ya its hilarious....precip on our doorstep and we're unsure if it will be 1" or 6"

If the Euro stayYeh .75 is all we need. I don't like this 2 part scenario. It never works. We want as much on the front end as we can get. The back end stuff had to b taken w a grain of salt.

Well feb 8, we relied on the wraparound snows for us to benefit so it can def workout for us. I agree though that I prefer a good front end just in case.

Especially now that midatlantic forum is posting snow rain mix in N Virginia ATM. I'm at 28.7/24 now.

Wow, just hit 1000 posts.

Good pick up. Manasas VA forecast was for 4 to 6 after 4 hrs of rain. Started as snow. Stayed snow and now it's point and click is 8 to 12 just like that.

I dont think we going to get much with this storm. But what i think doesnt matter...this storm can be a surprise to some..and a bust to others. But if you really check. The GFS doesnt give SNE much while the EURO gives 2 inches and more of liquid.

and just yesterday it was the opposite...this is the problem forecasters are running into. guidance has been all the over place and flip flopping with each other.

Well feb 8, we relied on the wraparound snows for us to benefit so it can def workout for us. I agree though that I prefer a good front end just in case.

CCB diff than a Norlun for us. I m not a fan However just read JB and the 700 mb field is soaked thrs so I guess it's possible

he seems to think 12 is possible for the city. NW and accross LI. When all said and done.

Bold , but joe is bold.

Archived