• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

Although the storm has not even affected the area, a few things come to mind tonight. A) Climo normally wins out (although NYC might not see a foot of snow); it's clear as day that Richmond may barely see a dusting...138 Hr GFS had a historic snowstorm for that region, which many were touting even in here) B) We were better off in the early 2000's with less modeling and less frequent updates; It seems like we bounce around now more than any other time I can remember over the past ten years. C) People pay too much attention to the details on this board and should look at the synoptic setup instead (the BL issue earlier this evening is a perfect example)

so it sounds like you're sticking to your guns, and still think there's a chance we can pull a rabbit from the hat... and do pretty well?

((i'd use more cliches but it's late))

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SREFS are in...a bump SE through 42 hours compared to 21z. But they have just as much QPF in the end from the northern stream feature as the 21z run...ends up being around 1.25-1.50" liquid and the dominant precip type is snow.

Wow - impressive (that's not even including part 2 I'm assuming?)

While , we ponder QPF that's not exactly a wall of snow headed up the turnpike. Lotta mid 30 s around the area on an E wind.

Think I may side w the NAM SREF RGEM blend In terms of how much liquid. , trying to figure out how much i lose to the warm air at the surface.

While , we ponder QPF that's not exactly a wall of snow headed up the turnpike. Lotta mid 30 s around the area on an E wind. Think I may side w the NAM SREF RGEM blend In terms of how much liquid. , trying to figure out how much i lose to the warm air at the surface.

Saving grace is that both parts have a rather large portion of precip in darkness. 

Through hour 15 the best vertical velocities are about 50-75 miles south/east of the 00z run.

With the euro holding steady with the coastal skimmer it was only a matter of time before the nam went back east. It's amazing how bad this model is

Archived