Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty clear that this NAM run is going to come in well south and east of the 00z run already. Amazing how stubborn these NCEP high resolution models can be...refusing to cave in until 9-15 hours before the main qpf.

you should probably delete this post of yours. 

This run rocks.  SNJ getting raked even at 21 hours. .

holy moses... over 2.00 QPF southern NJ....just after 27 hours ?

Watch for a low level warm layer there. I would check soundings especially closer to the shore.

The NAM has a persistent warm layer near 925 hPa through 18 hours that shows up on the maps...and the boundary layer is warm too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a warm layer between the surface and 900 hPa and poor snow growth as well.

Watch for a low level warm layer there. I would check soundings especially closer to the shore.

The NAM has a persistent warm layer near 925 hPa through 18 hours that shows up on the maps...and the boundary layer is warm too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a warm layer between the surface and 900 hPa and poor snow growth as well.

No doubt, but even after 18hr it's still over 1" of QPF. Heck, I just like watching it snow even if it's a dusting. 

It's time to start checking surface temps. 850s and 925s in the next few hours because the best lifting is roaring right up the coast and not east. Coastal areas gona have a hard time initially w an east wind. So mayb excruciating for a while late morning early afternoon. But you guys west of the city think you're gona do better than you originally thought.

LOL what does Upton do now? IMO at the very least is put out a WWA majority of modeling at least gives most advisory snows.  

If GFS continues holding it's dry ground... this would make it even more challenging.

Up poop's creek just forecasting 6 hours out.

Archived