EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, agreed. And I have to say that I think there is a less than 1% chance the GFS will come around. The thought that the NAM is correct and the GFS and Euro and every other global model are wrong is rather, well, extremely remote. The NAM has shown consistently this winter to be about 100 miles or so NW with the precip shield with every major storm this winter for the most part.

You ve been riding the NAM all day in the face of most of us Being. suspect. I will b honest and I mean no disrespect to the NCEP modelers ( what a world this has become this PC stuff makes me wana vomit ). But the NAM has kicked me in the sack before , so I am skeptical until I see the GFS at ths range or the Euro. Just one and then I will b there.

I just feel bad for folks...nam is a pos. last norlun really worked out well for these parts!

Yes, and like I said before, it had 35 inches for my location in Northern New Jersey on the 0z run only 10 hours before the snow started.  I got 6 inches.  And I agree with you too.  The NAM does not have a good range.

You ve been riding the NAM all day in the face of most of us Being. suspect. I will b honest and I mean no disrespect to the NCEP modelers ( what a world this has become this PC stuff makes me wana vomit ). But the NAM has kicked me in the sack before , so I am skeptical until I see the GFS at ths range or the Euro. Just one and then I will b there.

Not mindlessly bashing the models has nothing to do with political correctness. Anyway... 

Yes, and like I said before, it had 35 inches for my location in Northern New Jersey on the 0z run only 10 hours before the snow started.  I got 6 inches.  And I agree with you too.  The NAM does not have a good range.

The SE trend on the ULL is my main concern, and the NAM did trend it that way again. Hopefully what the GFS pulled is becoming less likely.

I just feel bad for folks...nam is a pos. last norlun really worked out well for these parts!

It's not a norlun, it's a much larger inverted trough which are much more consistent than norluns, one made an appearence in NE a little while back and hit them pretty good.

-skisheep

the GGEM is much better than at 12z, can't see temps, but QPF is posted on the New England forum, we get around .4" from 0z to 12z thursday, and more on either side of that. Don't think it's far enough out yet for the trough.

-skisheep

EDIT: It might be the RGEM, hard to tell from the maps that they post, but I think it's the GGEM, can someone confirm one way or the other?

EDIT 2: It's the RGEM, sorry! Still a nice hit for us.

I dont get why he has to be wrong? The NAM has been atrocious for a couple of years now. So are u thinking the NAM scores the coup over all other models?

If the NAM would have showed .6" qpf most here would have written it off...then it would have been a horrible model.

"we toss"

Is there anything that can be done with the NAM or is it completely hopeless?  Serious question. 

I will say this the Nam has had a similar solution for 5 straight runs now. If it completely out in left field now less than 24 hrs from the start it should be rendered useless and discontinued. 

the GGEM is much better than at 12z, can't see temps, but QPF is posted on the New England forum, we get around .4" from 0z to 12z thursday, and more on either side of that. Don't think it's far enough out yet for the trough.

-skisheep

its not the GGEM. Its the RGEM. the GGEM doesnt come out until 1130

-skisheep

The GGEM isn't out yet. What you're looking at is likely the RGEM.

Archived