Newest Member
    amirah5
Significant Ocean Storm March 6-8 2013 Discussion Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha.

Anyway, nice to see the NAM hold. But I would have a little bit of a concern being that the NAM does run too cold sometimes.

On a strong NNE wind, most of us outside of maybe the twin forks are good. The coast wastes maybe the first couple of hours, then it's good from there this run.

Beautiful NAM run, just beautiful! Probably 8-10" verbatim from the coastal for here, and the trough looks like it's setting up for more!

SREF's are also beautiful, RGEM looked nice as well. GFS is tossed due to feedback issues(SNE forum talks about why it's wrong), and now all we need is the EURO. I think EURO comes NW, the NAM went SE a tad, maybe something like 60-70%  of the NAM is the final result, which would be awsome for us..

-skisheep

Remember the.models sometimes dont a true qpf with convection. You can get areas that explode w amounts.

if the trough gets inverted its just gravy

That mayb too aggressive and willb happy.w 1.25 but wouldnt surprise me if there were isolated tard amounts considering BL

NYC looks to finish with 1.5" qpf as snow/mostly snowstorm hour 60, precip continues but turns to rain with trough

I'd hesitate to call it all or mostly snow in NYC. There's a lot of easterly flow and the low-level temps aren't very good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of coastal areas stay rain for much longer than what we'd find comfortable. Keep in mind even though the last NAM printed out 1-1.25" QPF, NYC only had about 6-8" on the clown maps.

Archived