Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow board

6am: 3"

noon: 1.5"

Total: 4.5"

With the lighter rates and midday sun, the temp has risen to 34.5.  The maple tree has big glops (technical term) falling off of it and the rest is running down the branches to make a stream down the trunk.  Shoveling was interesting - like trying to move a half-melted Slurpee.

The Richmond people too. Or at least that RTutton guy.

This is hilarious. I don't care that much, except that many people on here really think the Mid-Atlantic is really exclusive to DC/Balt. It lends itself to the general attitude that we're just a bunch of uneducated rednecks and life in general is just so vastly superior up there. Richmond is a part of the Mid-Atlantic. Deal with it. More than 50% of the MA doesn't live in your MSA. Oh and also, we're getting awesome snow today. 

Precip totals will likely verify way below modeled. I don't think you can say that wasn't a factor.

Back to light rain here.

how come you guys think the QPF is sow low? The dynamics don't support QPF this low. Also, I checked radar precip estimates and it matches pretty well with the QPF being reported.

Well boys it looks like a bust for some, but that doesn't entail a shutout. I would still expect DC to get to 2", mainly because the low (which lies at 992mb) as we speak, could jog a bit NW like last nights NAM entailed. A beneficial factor that could play a part is that once the winds switch to the NE or more NNE, there will be latent heat release to allow the warmer temperatures that invade during the lulls to drop back a few degrees. Additionally, ML lapse rates are on the increase, especially in EC MD and DE, and with those bands moving across, the dynamic factor is increasing. More or less once we get those switches in winds, DC or just east may actually do better than downtown thanks to the existing frontogenesis and proximity to the h5 circulation.

And just as I say that the reports of thunder come in from around DC, with radar showing the system intensifying. We are in the midst of some modest to significant cyclogenesis on the order of 1-2mb/hr in the past few hrs, which is allowed some intense banding features to couple with the frontogen and ML lapses. 

This is hilarious. I don't care that much, except that many people on here really think the Mid-Atlantic is really exclusive to DC/Balt. It lends itself to the general attitude that we're just a bunch of uneducated rednecks and life in general is just so vastly superior up there. Richmond is a part of the Mid-Atlantic. Deal with it. More than 50% of the MA doesn't live in your MSA. Oh and also, we're getting awesome snow today. 

I am serious, I will always root against you from now on.

Midlo is awsome, Midlothian is awesome, I love the Richmond area posters, but you have been an abject jerk today, and wish you nothing but snow pain in the future.

I could have sworn i just heard thunder

Thought I heard thunder. Figured it was just my hopes and dreams exploding.

And just as I say that the reports of thunder come in from around DC, with radar showing the system intensifying. We are in the midst of some modest to significant cyclogenesis on the order of 1-2mb/hr in the past few hrs, which is allowed some intense banding features to couple with the frontogen and ML lapses. 

It was.. heard it walking home from the metro

facebook just lit up

Archived