northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of where the max bands setup and the rain snow line this is an epic storm coming in.  The winds are already thumping, the beating the beaches are about to take is kind of sad really.  May see some homes lost.

The clouds coming in off the ocean are moving about as fast as I ever see.  Just ripping WSW at incredible speeds.

Regardless of where the max bands setup and the rain snow line this is an epic storm coming in.  The winds are already thumping, the beating the beaches are about to take is kind of sad really.  May see some homes lost.

The clouds coming in off the ocean are moving about as fast as I ever see.  Just ripping WSW at incredible speeds.

I was surprised at how sustained the East wind was this morning walking to work. It was ripping pretty good already and the storm is down by the Delmarva.

Check out the presentation on radar, is very tightly would. If you didn't know any better it looks like a landfalling TS/Cane down there.

The NAM and GFS might need the Old Yeller treatment after this storm...NAM for its thermal profiles and GFS for its all around suckage and massive flip flops.

It is amazing how unstable they are. Sure the GFS caught the north trend first but it brought warning snows to Canada too. The ECM has been so much more stable, just slowly trending north but never going over-board and over-correcting north.

THE NAM IS FIIIIINALLY Colder!  God that took 6 Runs just to get back to something Believable.  Finally.  Though I still only get 1.0" of Precip. before the 850 heads over me.  But it's the NAM.  Just happy it's Finally coming colder going by the 850's.  

LOl dude you are all snow, go look at a sounding. bang one out, in and out and in and out.

Good luck with this one up there. It was a total piece of crap down here. It never even did more than drizzle for a lot of people. Just a total flame-out.

Could happen here too. You had pretty good consensus at 0z last night it seemed on the models.

I was surprised at how sustained the East wind was this morning walking to work. It was ripping pretty good already and the storm is down by the Delmarva.

Check out the presentation on radar, is very tightly would. If you didn't know any better it looks like a landfalling TS/Cane down there.

Yeah, going to be one heck of a hose wherever it does setup.  Still many questions to be answered but at this point it's already here and precipitating so time to give it the best shot!

---

I love the team we have in Taunton but I miss Drag's interruptions.   I really hate to read an AFD at 331 that references a model run 21 hours old.

The highest point in Rhode Island is Jerimoth Hill at 812' and it's actually lower in elevation than I am. I joked with my son when we visited the high point that we would be at a lower elevation than our house is. If Northeastern Connecticut gets up to 1,315' that's several hundred feet higher. 

A few of us should move to those high hills up in Union... they must cash in during a lot of those marginal events. 

Archived