northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 6-8th Ocean Storm Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You aren't high enough over the RI hills to benefit from it and are too far removed from them...if you sat at 1,000 feet 5-10 miles west of them you would be a lot better off and really benefit...you will do OK, but a lot of the precip gets wrung out before it reaches your area from a strict upslope perspective.

Spill over for me on super easterly winds, lol, 700 Ft screws Kev

Spill over for me on super easterly winds, lol, 700 Ft screws Kev

I think there's a chance you get smoked at 550 feet there...we'll have to watch it. You may end up a tad far west, but my gut says you do pretty well.

Anyone else concerned about the warm bl down in Maryland through NJ right now?? Immediate Baltimpre area is 40 degrees still

Not really..its an issue early on but we get pretty darn cold in the boundary layer as this event unfolds. Obviously the usual caveats apply if precip is coming down lightly near the coast, but I don't think there is any chance this ends up as a 37F heavy rain on the CP.

Not really..its an issue early on but we get pretty darn cold in the boundary layer as this event unfolds. Obviously the usual caveats apply if precip is coming down lightly near the coast, but I don't think there is any chance this ends up as a 37F heavy rain on the CP.

:mapsnow:    The NAM is finally onboard.  No more torch.   Wohoo!

Horrific bust for DCA and Balt.   Way to warm...all warnings canceled.

Needs to be watched up here but their 2m/low level temps were marginal on the Euro.  Notice how much wider the 32/39 contour is up here vs down there where there was a tighter gradient.

Temps are going to have to be closely watched.  I said over the course of this entire deal I was more worried about rain than a miss.  I can't see rain being a problem from roughly Rte 24 west, but who knows

NAM finally figuring out thermal profile now that the storm is upon us? ;)  I think it's a little too heavy with the qpf,  but looks ballpark, at least thru 24hr .   Big hit for E/SE NE and bordering hilly terrain, much less elsewhere.

Archived