• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2013

when the cloud cover moved in last night it kept temps at locations to the east and northeast of us in the 30s... so combined with the onshore winds from the ocean it set off a chain reaction... temps from 30s pushed into eastern pa so places like reading were sitting at 39... then this pushed further west into areas like lancaster and then harrisburg which only fell to 33

without being able to get any accumulation going overnight it played out just like paweatherguy had mentioned a few days ago where the rates were not heavy enough to keep temps cold enough after sunrise... now we are fighting too much warmer air to the point where we likely wont see any accumulation if you dont already have any until winds become more northerly to northwesterly as it is moving out

Thank you sir!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crazy E-W gradient from E. Yo Co to just outside York City.  May be going to hanover shortly, will be interested to see whats going on there.  Mostly light rain with the occaisional snowflake in york city.  Car said 35 fwiw

everyone was expecting a sharp north to south gradient and it is turning into more of a sharp east to west lol

sun peaking out occasionally...pretty windy.

Hi wmsptwx...my son and i are on the road heading up ur way now to penn college. Pretty amazing gradient observed. I am guessing we got around 2" before sunrise but it melted down to 1.3" before we left at 10:00. Got on 81 at middlesex exit 52 everything still white in ground. By the time we drove 10 miles to marker 62 the ground was bare! Now we r on 322 and the upper half of the mountains are white and nothing on bottom half. Temp at my house now 35. No six inches for carlisle...bust bust bust.

Hahahahaha ha. I was roasted yesterday for saying WWA and that's exactly what this should have been. After 1 1/2 inches overnight it is light rain and I highly doubt we see a 1/2 inch of snow the rest of the way. Busy bust bust. It's just amusing

I really see no other solution  other than for you to leave the board. 

I really see no other solution  other than for you to leave the board. 

I agree, who is our Mod. to boot him?

Actually...I "roasted" him for changing his mind on every model run. He saw the 12z NAM and went ape sh*t on why he wasn't under a WSW, just hours after he said he should have had a WWA.

Whatever...huge bust here...it's the weather...

I was thinking this same thing when i read Jamies reply to him ( i can only see his posts when someone quotes him) his claim as to why he got flamed isn't reality.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA

1024 AM EST WED MAR 6 2013

.SYNOPSIS...

SECONDARY LOW DEVELOPING OVER THE VIRGINIA TIDEWATER REGION

WILL TRACK SLOWLY NORTHEAST ACROSS THE SOUTHERN DELMARVA BY THIS

EVENING AND MOVE OFFSHORE TONIGHT. THIS SYSTEM WILL BRING MODERATE

TO HEAVY SNOW TO SOUTH-CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...WITH A VERY SHARP

NORTH-SOUTH GRADIENT IN ACCUMULATIONS.

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

15Z UPDATE...

THE CLOUD SHIELD AND RADAR ECHOES OF NOTE ARE SLIDING TO THE EAST.

SOME ENHANCED BANDS OVER MARYLAND AND TO THE SOUTHEAST WILL WORK

INTO YORK AND LANCASTER COUNTIES THIS MORNING AND EARLY THIS

AFTERNOON. THERE IS A GOOD BAND IN NJ/MD/DE RAPIDLY MOVING TOWARD

LANCASTER COUNTY. AS THE LOW ALONG THE COAST DEVELOPS AND THE 500

HPA LOW SLOWLY MOVE NORTH SOME OF THIS SNOW AND AT TIMES SNOW AND

RAIN WILL AFFECT OUR EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN AREAS.

MARGINAL TEMPERATURES HAVE BEEN LIMITING SNOW FALL IN SOUTHERN AND

EASTERN AREAS. BUT THE IR IMAGE SHOWS A BLOSSOMING OF COLD CLOUD

TOPS SUGGESTING SOME POTENTIAL ENHANCED SNOW POTENTIAL NEAR THE MD

BORDER. ANYWHERE THE RATES INCREASE...IT WILL SNOW. WARM BOUNDARY

LAYER SNOWS WITH -3 TO -4C AIR AT 850 HPA TAKE GOOD RATES.

LOWERED POPS EVEN MORE OVER NORTHERN HALF OF REGION. IN

SOUTHWEST...SNOW BANDS MOVING EAST SO LOWERED POPS AND SNOW

AMOUNTS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.

WE WILL HAVE TO START CLEARING WARNING AND ADVISORY AREAS AS MANY

WESTERN LOCATIONS HAVE SEEN THE BEST OF THE ACCUMULATING SNOWS.

I'm guessing the bold is why they still have 4-6 for lancaster/york

Good news is 50s and sunshine this weekend. This cloudy and cold/windy stuff had me down.

They have us in the 40s still. But I am going to do some yard work, no doubt. They gray was getting to me too.

Cold front moves through middle of next week with arctic front to set the stage for The Williamsport Wallop during the March 16-20 period sometime. Book it...

Those in York / Lancaster counties appear to be in for an afternoon surprise.  Infrared satellite imagery clearly shows the coastal storm going to town with a notable westward expansion and cooling of cloud tops.  This is supported by a marked increase in northeast winds across eastern PA and regional radar filling in.  Over the next 6 hours this coastal is going to crank and those who aren't seeing much in the aforementioned counties will start to.

Those in York / Lancaster counties appear to be in for an afternoon surprise.  Infrared satellite imagery clearly shows the coastal storm going to town with a notable westward expansion and cooling of cloud tops.  This is supported by a marked increase in northeast winds across eastern PA and regional radar filling in.  Over the next 6 hours this coastal is going to crank and those who aren't seeing much in the aforementioned counties will start to.

Thanks joe, i posted CTP disco a few minutes ago saying pretty much the same thing.

I'm holding you to it LOL j/k  But I do hope we get something. :snowing:

and i just got this email/text..

"...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING... * LOCATIONS...FRANKLIN...CUMBERLAND AND ADAMS COUNTIES. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW. * SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES. * TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE HEAVY AT TIMES THIS MORNING BEFORE"

Archived