Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mag, Psuhoffman, Allweather. What could be some future implications of this attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362556078.120924.jpg

My level is not their level as they sweat more met knowledge in an hour that I have over 10 years. The dry slot will collapse around DC.  I don't think it gets near the District but close.  It will not impact us.  

Mag, Psuhoffman, Allweather. What could be some future implications of this attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362556078.120924.jpg

Current mesoanalysis maps at 700mb and 850mb match up well with the 0z NAM at 6 hours with the lows at those levels, and extent of precip shield is about where its been modeled by short range products. So I don't think there's anything big brewing here in terms of differences. 

Good thing its been snowing, the band hasn't made it 20 miles since the leading edge came through.  

Yea the leading edge hasn't gotten much past Tyrone and I'm sitting here 10 miles southwest in moderate snow blowing around and a pretty decent coating. Pit radar has shown that the edge has stalled out from about a Youngstown-Slippery Rock- north of Kittanning, though it looks like it's trying to climb slightly north the last couple frames. It does look like it's pretty much reached its extent though and assuming it pivots through on a mostly flat trajectory that should eventually raise the edge to near a Clearfield-Bellefonte line. 

What has been grabbing my attention more in the early going is that there is some pretty heavy snow above route 22 in places like Indiana and Altoona regardless of the edge of precip not being much further north. I had been concerned about rates not getting going quickly enough.. or ever, being so close to the edge. I'd say CTP's snowmap looks good right now (though  i'd personally increase Laurels). If we can establish any good banding in this corridor for several hours at and just above Rt 22 it could make the gradient even more insane. 

post-1507-0-56121500-1362558536_thumb.pn

Yea the leading edge hasn't gotten much past Tyrone and I'm sitting here 10 miles southwest in moderate snow blowing around and a pretty decent coating. Pit radar has shown that the edge has stalled out from about a Youngstown-Slippery Rock- north of Kittanning, though it looks like it's trying to climb slightly north the last couple frames. It does look like it's pretty much reached its extent though and assuming it pivots through on a mostly flat trajectory that should eventually raise the edge to near a Clearfield-Bellefonte line. 

What has been grabbing my attention more in the early going is that there is some pretty heavy snow above route 22 in places like Indiana and Altoona regardless of the edge of precip not being much further north. I had been concerned about rates not getting going quickly enough.. or ever, being so close to the edge. I'd say CTP's snowmap looks good right now (though  i'd personally increase Laurels). If we can establish any good banding in this corridor for several hours at and just above Rt 22 it could make the gradient even more insane. 

attachicon.gifsaturn0822z.png

Yeah. The leading edge is crawling up here. i feel more confident about getting a solid accumulation as that band is organizing and growing in size.

Thundersnow!

Westminster - KDMW 060825Z AUTO 08008G15KT 050V120 3/4SM SN OVC007 00/M01 A2971 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT S P0002

Frederick - KFDK 060820Z AUTO 03005KT 1 1/2SM -SN OVC005 00/00 LTG DSNT SE A2975

Oh wow, that def is a pretty nice band lurking on the Mason-Dixon line getting ready to make a run into southern PA. CTP radar just beginning to see it.  I wonder if that band from DC to Manassas to Culpeper has the same thing going on. 

Oh wow, that def is a pretty nice band lurking on the Mason-Dixon line getting ready to make a run into southern PA. CTP radar just beginning to see it.  I wonder if that band from DC to Manassas to Culpeper has the same thing going on. 

More thundersnow in Leesburg:

KJYO 060835Z AUTO 03008KT 1 3/4SM -SN OVC004 01/01 A2968 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT S

about 3" here now, one thing of concern, the RAP the last 2 runs is beginning to show the bands in PA starting to collapse as the CCB reforms a bit. Hopefully that is overdone, because the next band seems to not want to get as far north as it

was showing earlier.

The northern edge of the shield has indeed sunk a bit back south on the last 2 radar frames...

Just measured 2.8" with lighter snow falling currently. It's a wet storm too with snow caked on everything. Looks like the northern edge is going to try to shut things off for a least a time as the precip shield reorients itself. Hopefully can keep the snow going. Unbelieveable looking at the 511 road cam in Port Matilda and the grounds bare. 

Archived