Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i just looked here at work, the only place snow is accumulating is in the flower beds on the tanbark. what a cut off.

Quite a bit of the snow is actually rain when it hits the ground. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Our exec director is going to be PISSED when he hears they shut down the office. He's out of town and someone's head will roll.

Radar looks decent: http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=dox&loop=yes

Stupid question - when was the last time there was NW moving precip during a snow event? 

I think this is the issue for us LNS folks.  A ripping east wind with no cold air source.

Temps have nudged up another degree in the past hour to 36.7F currently. 

CTP is still saying 4-8 for the LSV. Fingers crossed, it's far from over.

Lancaster should be split from York in the winter storm warning... the east/northeasterly winds are pulling in just enough warm air to keep temps just above freezing

Lancaster should be split from York in the winter storm warning... the east/northeasterly winds are pulling in just enough warm air to keep temps just above freezing

Agreed 100 percent. The weather different between York and Lancaster is usually always quite different in winter events it seems.

I'm really happy I never thought this storm would amount to much here; if I had I'd currently be SO PISSED off I'd be seeing red. Ha!

Agreed 100 percent. The weather different between York and Lancaster is usually always quite different in winter events it seems.

I'm really happy I never thought this storm would amount to much here; if I had I'd currently be SO PISSED off I'd be seeing red. Ha!

i'd better start shopping.....not real sure i'll win my bets

Going to work I went further south from Lititz (more northern Lancaster) to Lancaster proper only about 6 ro 7 miles but right on that RT 30 dividing line and still NADA. :cry:

Disappointing to say the least. Perhaps more to go and this will come about, but truly feel the donut hole of nothingness has descended upon this area. For all others though experiencing great snow - very cool for you. If perhaps one of you could drive some over here that would be appreciated. :whistle:

Pittsburgh did great unreal totals of over 8 inches.

We have areas over here north of Pittsburgh that were supposed to get 1-2 and ended up with over 10. South of the city was supposed to get hammered and they got less. It goes to show that these models are not to be used as an exact science for snowfall totals. Bands set up at different places. I went to bed at midnight and it was just starting to flurry and woke up to 7 inches at 6:00 am. I was in a 4-6 area. Go figure.

i guess my question would be, where did the warm air come from, was it pulled in off the coast? 

when the cloud cover moved in last night it kept temps at locations to the east and northeast of us in the upper 30s with no incoming precip to help cool those temps... so combined with the onshore winds from the ocean it set off a chain reaction... temps from 30s pushed into eastern pa so places like reading were sitting at 39... then this pushed further west into areas like lancaster and then harrisburg which only fell to 33

without being able to get any accumulation going overnight it played out just like paweatherguy had mentioned a few days ago where the rates were not heavy enough to keep temps cold enough after sunrise... now we are fighting too much warmer air to the point where we likely wont see any accumulation if you dont already have any until winds become more northerly to northwesterly as it is moving out

Archived