• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2013

Lol I just looked at Pittsburgh area I guess they had 30 in 1994...very interesting.,Never thought of them as a big storm area.

The early January storm was wild stuff. 

Does anyone have accurate snowfall totals for 93 and 96? What I am looking at has total for 93 at williamsport at 15.9. If thats true, I should never ever complain over a snowstorm again, because even the biggest are under 2 feet up here.

Ugh. It's true. You got 15 in 93, 19 in 1996. Biggest 24 hour in 23.1 in either Jan 64 or 67 - the PA Climatologist site has a mistake there, obviously.

BTW speaking of the PA climatologist, the wealth of data is not near what it used to be. Bring back the old site. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The early January storm was wild stuff. 

Ugh. It's true. You got 15 in 93, 19 in 1996. Biggest 24 hour in 23.1 in either Jan 64 or 67 - the PA Climatologist site has a mistake there, obviously.

BTW speaking of the PA climatologist, the wealth of data is not near what it used to be. Bring back the old site. 

There is a lot of data missing so some listed records are not accurate... I dont even know if anyone who works on updating the site has ever even noticed

People like me that are interested in the history of Weather in Pennsylvania should check out "The Pennsylvania Weather Book" by  Ben Gelber.

http://www.amazon.com/Pennsylvania-Weather-Book-Ben-Gelber/dp/0813530563

The cost is $34.00 but well worth it. I received the book as a gift about 10 years ago when it came out. I still go back and re-read it every year or so whenever big storm events come up in the state.

I was wondering if anyone else but me has this book. I got it out today and I am reading parts of it again.

They have us in the 40s still. But I am going to do some yard work, no doubt. They gray was getting to me too.

Cold front moves through middle of next week with arctic front to set the stage for The Williamsport Wallop during the March 16-20 period sometime. Book it...

Jamie.. I am working on a device to help your storm. I think we should all pitch in and build on for all of PA :devilsmiley:

post-328-0-67189400-1362690465_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-02543900-1362690477_thumb.jpg

Time for spring, the sights, sounds and smells of a ball park. The anticipation of battle, the clicking of metal cleats walking to the field. The mental checklist of game preperation, the sound that you know the ball just hit the sweet spot of the bat, the fresh smell of the morning dew, the smell of the fresh oiled Mitt as you slide that trusty friend onto your hand the cheers from the crowd, a time to be proud of your kids and their hard work and dedication, a time to reflect days gone by and that game of pepper you use to play in the backyard with your father...........yep, i'm ready for spring!

Time for spring, the sights, sounds and smells of a ball park. The anticipation of battle, the clicking of metal cleats walking to the field. The mental checklist of game preperation, the sound that you know the ball just hit the sweet spot of the bat,

the fresh smell of the morning dew, the smell of the fresh oiled Mitt as you slide that trusty friend onto your hand the cheers from the crowd, a time to be proud of your kids and their hard work and

dedication, a time to reflect days gone by and that game of pepper you use to play in the backyard with your father...........yep, i'm ready for spring!

Beautiful...that brought tears to my eyes. Oh how I love the game of baseball.

Cloudy here...windy...cold...and no...snow.

Ready for spring as well but also agree with what they are talking about over on the Philly thread, unfortunately: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/38643-medium-range-long-range-thread/?p=2202562

Looks like 2007 lameness. Big but short-lived warmups, then periods of sustained below normal, and for us a crappy delayed spring. Thinking this can't happen, btw, is weenie-casting. 2007 did have a decent last week of March/early April but then it got really awful. Daytime temps didn't get to 50 here between April 4 and April 18. We had a white Easter. Then the rest of the month, spring finally took over. It was a cold April overall. 

I hope that isn't the case. We do get those types of springs. 

Archived