e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No real "north shift" is even required. I have no idea why anyone south the Mason-Dixon would whine about this run. It is mind-boggling to me.

It's March in a marginal air mass and he isn't in elevation. Maybe others should try to stay grounded instead of chopping up the GFS and snorting it for a high,

Wait until the NAM gets a hold of this lol....If the GFS is showing 2-3" of QPF imagine the NAM. 

Bit OT but right now I am 75% sure I will make a roadtrip for this storm since it will be the last chance to see snow most likely this year.. What is a good spot in NW VA that has some elevation and does well usually? 

Go to CHO...They look to get destroyed. Or even out this way. We are gonna get hit hard as well and temps shouldnt be an issue out here either.

Or cry about things that will change. This will only go so far north, but a 50 miles jog either way is very plausible. That will mean everything to Baltimore.

I know you guys weenie 100% of the time up there but it's not usually easy to get a HECS here.

No real "north shift" is even required. I have no idea why anyone south the Mason-Dixon would whine about this run. It is mind-boggling to me.

Agreed I think with the track now shown by most guidance the northern edge of the Ccb will bleed north a bit not because the storm really came north but just because usually the northern edge makes it a bit further then depicted.

I know you guys weenie 100% of the time up there but it's not usually easy to get a HECS here.

I don't think we disagree...I guess my point is to not worry too hard about specifics this far out since things can change in a hurry when it's marginal. I understand fully how tough it is to get a HECS there.  You still have some issues to work out at H5 over New England and energy diving into this trough from the Plains too...nevermind where the deformation band sets up.

2nd run in a row (or is it 3rd with the 12z?) showing copious amounts of QPF over the area. Kinda weird that the GFS/EURO/DGEX combo is showing this

It means alot. We are in the NW quadrant of a significant storm. Its going to snow as depicted. And probably quite a bit.

We are rightfully spooked and dont wanna jump. I wont till 0z tmrw but well modeled consistency w/ blocks to our north scream of a done deal in DC w/ a high qpf event.

the problem is not me

I am analyzing a model run

I am the messenger

I am not worrying, I am not predicting, I am not whining, I am discussing a wx model, including predicted temps

if you folks can't handle that, not my problem

Mitch at 90 hours you appear to be in some pretty good precip. Your 850 temps are around -5. You have ne winds. There's no way the surface is more than 34 or so. I think you'd be just fine.

Wait until the NAM gets a hold of this lol....If the GFS is showing 2-3" of QPF imagine the NAM. 

Bit OT but right now I am 75% sure I will make a roadtrip for this storm since it will be the last chance to see snow most likely this year.. What is a good spot in NW VA that has some elevation and does well usually? 

Try 522 S of Front Royal.  Easy hwy access and 2000+ elevation crossing Chester's Gap.  In marginal temp events the 8 mile drive from Front Royal feels like you've driven to another world.  Dec 5 2009 there was about 4 sloppy inches in town and I drove up to Chester's Gap where the snow was mid-shin deep.

Archived