amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it is the 18Z GFS it will either show a totally suppressed solution or the biggest storm of all time. Either way it will be wrong.

Guys everyone relax it is the 18Z dont forget. That block has been very strong on all the runs. Lets wait til 0z.

From the MA sub, Phineas posted this just before 4pm.

I think one model run everyone is going crazy,  think the blocking is still to strong for anything north of va.  may be wishful thinking but with the time left before the storm gets here this thing could trend back south just as it trended north in that run.

Remember the lower resolution of the 6z and 18z, we really can trust them. Better off trusting the new 0z tonight.

It's been stated by NOAA themselves and there is a thread here about it that the 18 and 6 runs are just as important and verify fine.

Gonna be a long couple of days in here if folks are gonna hug each model run......the 18Z is whacked most likely, and we need to wait till they either run recon or all the players are able to be sampled. I am also interested more in what it does after if gets off Hatteras and hangs out since I am located in eastern NC. 

From the MA sub, Phineas posted this just before 4pm.

I did not know he even posted this. I mean with the confluence up north it just doesnt make sense to me. Obviously im not a met but over one run where it relaxes the block and everyone jumps after continuously showing it run after run doesnt sell me. 0z will be very telling as someone mentioned new data sampling. Still very excited about all the potential with this system even for people in Winston Salem/GSO etc. Maybe not as much as a chance for them down that way but nonetheless still a chance.

Tough to beat the northward trend. As I said VA storm for the most part (or even DC at this rate). Sorry for all of us in the Triangle who will hobble out with two consecutive awful winters if it plays out this way. It is a myth that hte 18z can just be thrown out.

the storm isn't even on shore yet.  this is why I think you don't want to be in the snow zone yet.  a lot will probably change tomorrow when the models sample the storm.  all I know is a met was talking on line last night and breaking down the possibilities and said there is no way this storm can get up the east coast with the blocking that is going on.  its going to be a wait and see thing and it probably won't be until Monday before we can trust the model runs.  sit back and wait I guess.

Edit.  you know if we in nc don't get any good snow out of this, I think I'm done for the winter, this to me was the last hope for a good storm.  been watching this for 10 days with high hopes and here we go again,,,,,,maybe.  this can still trend south, anything is possible.  if not I'm done, come on spring.  I'm tired of this winterless season again.  Just tired of getting my hopes up.

Gonna be a long couple of days in here if folks are gonna hug each model run......the 18Z is whacked most likely, and we need to wait till they either run recon or all the players are able to be sampled. I am also interested more in what it does after if gets off Hatteras and hangs out since I am located in eastern NC. 

Yeah we have a long way to go still. As superjames said the new data from tonights runs should be interesting

Às long as I see the euro ensemble showing a major lick hitting the triad in day 3+ territory, I'm not gonna sweat the American model swing trend like a lot of folks tend to get caught up in. Granted the latest euro ensemble leaves no wiggle room for mby. I actually feel pretty good about our chances in the piedmont and northern coastal plain. We all need a coastal exit point of Wilmington myrtle beach. The 18z gfs would be case closed no doubt. The next 2-3 model cycles (0z and 12z)will be telling so be patient before cliff diving.

Archived