• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

GEFS over all looks like it's OP run. Looks like it's a tad south though once it hits NC. Low goes over CLT to between ILM and Myrtle Beach.

would love for this to dig around to ga sc then east to myrtle beach,  would keep us on the north and northwest side.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I am content with the models all agreeing there will be a storm...there will be much hand wringing over the track and honestly until this thing gets sampled some its going to move around run to run. I prefer to go into my Zen state at this point and just remind myself that what happens with this storm has already been decided and we are just waiting to watch it unfold,  and in the end what will be will be, we will not know for sure until it actually happens so sit back and enjoy the ride. 

After this though can we please warm up and get severe storm mode going looking forward to chase season, need me some wall cloud. 

would love for this to dig around to ga sc then east to myrtle beach, would keep us on the north and northwest side.

are problem is we need this upper low to go just a littler farther south of us. And we also need it to go negative tilt sooner like the 18z gfs. The surface low for us would be better if it went thru central/eastern nc. Myrtle beach is too far east for my liking.

No model is going to pinpoint exactly where the ULL will track.  It could easily be 50 miles south to 50 mile north of what the models are saying on Tuesday.  I've been in the prime spot of ULL's the day before according to the model and the ULL ended up going 50 miles south.

No model is going to pinpoint exactly where the ULL will track. It could easily be 50 miles south to 50 mile north of what the models are saying on Tuesday. I've been in the prime spot of ULL's the day before according to the model and the ULL ended up going 50 miles south.

don't feel bad, I have never had an upper low work out for my area.

No model is going to pinpoint exactly where the ULL will track.  It could easily be 50 miles south to 50 mile north of what the models are saying on Tuesday.  I've been in the prime spot of ULL's the day before according to the model and the ULL ended up going 50 miles south.

Yep, there is always surprises with these.

are problem is we need this upper low to go just a littler farther south of us. And we also need it to go negative tilt sooner like the 18z gfs. The surface low for us would be better if it went thru central/eastern nc. Myrtle beach is too far east for my liking.

franklin what would be the best track to keep us here in wnc in mostly snow.  even if it starts as rain what would be the best track to quickly turn it over to snow for wnc for the duration of the storm?  I'd like to see at least 4 inches out of this.

Archived