e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

end of march, only thing I'm hoping for is 60+ and sun. Its time to crash the bus into a ditch and put this winter out of its misery. With our luck we'll get overcast high 40s and 30 mph wind.

The bolded part is more correct than not.  There is no sign of real spring weather coming into our area, even through early April now (and maybe beyond).  No sign of this pattern changing at all.  It's amazing how consistently stuck we are in this.

I'm tired of this.  I don't mind the occasional cool-down after a front, but this consistently cool crap (with the random mild day thrown in) has got to go.

gotta love climo. it makes me smile.

The bolded part is more correct than not.  There is no sign of real spring weather coming into our area, even through early April now (and maybe beyond).  No sign of this pattern changing at all.  It's amazing how consistently stuck we are in this.

I love Spring and temps in the 60's. But we usually skip past that pretty quickly. So I am okay with below normal. 50 degrees and sunny is okay in my book. Just keep the wind at bay.

Warmth never busts. Does the ridge over the central CONUS at 240 translate east towards us by April on the ensembles?

No big heat signals yet but looks like the blocking tries to disappear etc. might just be normal or a bit above at times but that's not to bad for early April.

No big heat signals yet but looks like the blocking tries to disappear etc. might just be normal or a bit above at times but that's not to bad for early April.

If we could somehow get dead on normal through mid June and then get -3 through mid September, it would be the greatest Spring Summer of my life.

If we could somehow get dead on normal through mid June and then get -3 through mid September, it would be the greatest Spring Summer of my life.

Would be nice.  Don hinted in the main thread that his summer analogs are 2:1 in favor of above normal temps.  

Normal (average) temperatures would be great.  I don't want early heat.  An extended period of 60s and eventually 70s would be perfect.

Best news of the day.  Thanks Ian.  I've been waiting for signs of this to start showing up in the ens.

I think the question is whether we go warm for 2-3 days and then reload..I'm not sure we get into any long term warm pattern any time soon....but even in a cold pattern in early April a sunny day will be 55-60

I think the question is whether we go warm for 2-3 days and then reload..I'm not sure we get into any long term warm pattern any time soon....but even in a cold pattern in early April a sunny day will be 55-60

last time we had a super cold April (2007) we had a 2-day warm up (82 and 77) and other than that our highest temp through 4/19 was only 61...we only hit 60 twice...then the pattern broke and the last 10 days of April were warm....our average high April 1-19 was 55.2

Archived