e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the question is whether we go warm for 2-3 days and then reload..I'm not sure we get into any long term warm pattern any time soon....but even in a cold pattern in early April a sunny day will be 55-60

Yeah, we'll see.  I'm still somewhat skeptical of any real extended warmth for early April, but I guess we'll see.

Says the man with the screen name of "easternsnowman"

7 mi SE of Winchester at 680' has a number of 3"+ events after 3/20...if you go 3/15 or later there are a number more....problem is all the recent events have been have been 1-2"

3" events since 1950 after March 20th

3/29/84 - 8"

3/22/61 - 7"

4/13/59 - 6"

3/19-21/58 - 5.5"

3/23/50 - 3"

3/20-21/65 - 3"

4/7/71 - 3"

but how many of those have we actually had in May in recent years? It seems like we've had very little spring weather in recent years. We've gone from winter to summer without much in between.

It is very hard in DC to get a killer May....It is a very volatile month..We torch...or..we are super wet...or even in drier/cooler months, we are under some E/NE marine flow for days at a time rather than some popping pattern....From a weather perspective, May is interesting, but it is a mediocre month for me....if we are lucky, we can pop a couple 3-4 day stretches with crisp blue skies and low dews...that is usually the best we can hope for....the fall is a much better time to get killer stretches...October blows May the **** out of the water....of course it is a cooler month overall...but something like October 2008 which was basically wire to wire killer weather is better than any May I can ever remember

Seriously? Thinking maybe we could fit some Spring in before we jump to 90 degrees.

Euro is aob door to door for the most part. I personally like low 50s and sun. I wear shorts no prob.

Below normal temps this time of year feels like early spring more often then not. The occasional really cool days bring out the wine and cheese party though.

Euro is aob door to door for the most part. I personally like low 50s and sun. I wear shorts no prob.

Below normal temps this time of year feels like early spring more often then not. The occasional really cool days bring out the wine and cheese party though.

Just looked at Accuwx. Pretty cool through most of their 15 day as well. It was warmer in January. Lol. I am with you on the 50s. No shorts though, thank you.

I think Ji brought up the subject of this being a long winter.  It really feels like one of the longest I can remember.  We've been tracking snow from late October now to April.  That's half a calendar year.  That's amazing.  Of course, what's more amazing is that those 6 months of snow tracking have produced  - except for us westerners - exactly nothing so far

I think Ji brought up the subject of this being a long winter.  It really feels like one of the longest I can remember.  We've been tracking snow from late October now to April.  That's half a calendar year.  That's amazing.  Of course, what's more amazing is that those 6 months of snow tracking have produced  - except for us westerners - exactly nothing so far

It has been but it was only "winter cold" for a couple weeks. I've been out almost every weekend playing disc golf or hiking with the dog. I enjoy all seasons and as much as I post about it, snow is just a fun hobby. If it isn't cold and snowy I'm outside enjoying the weather. Even when it's below freezing during the day it's not that big of a deal. 40's are warmish. I fish a lot on the bay during trophy season and the cooler the better. I root for cool cloudy aprils but i keep it to myself so the wine and cheese party doesn't break out. 

I like extended cool way way more than extended heat. Being in the sun when it's 95 and thick still air is the absolute worst. My least favorite condition by a mile. Those conditions keep me indoors. Not anything else. 

He has six exclamation points in about six sentences!

DCA is -1 thru yesterday. It's cold compared to the +10 last year but it could be worse locally.  Plus for some reason he's using the current avg high as a baseline for the month thru today.

Archived