northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a cold and boring week. Gets even colder next weekend. May as well ride the wave with what will likely be the last real shot at anything even if it's against climo, odds, snowdrought, persistence, and anything else that can be tossed on. 

The vort itself has consensus early in the period. Things diverge later on. Pretty sure there is going to be a storm of consequence in the eastern half of the country. Location and precip type won't be known until 10 minutes after it starts and even then it could be way too early.  

It's going to be a cold and boring week. Gets even colder next weekend. May as well ride the wave with what will likely be the last real shot at anything even if it's against climo, odds, snowdrought, persistence, and anything else that can be tossed on. 

The vort itself has consensus early in the period. Things diverge later on. Pretty sure there is going to be a storm of consequence in the eastern half of the country. Location and precip type won't be known until 10 minutes after it starts and even then it could be way too early.  

Yeah, the storm I think has pretty good odds.   Where and how is the question.   But I notice the same **** you do...the block hauling ass....moving around, etc.   I don't like the trend on the GFS.

Yeah, the storm I think has pretty good odds.   Where and how is the question.   But I notice the same **** you do...the block hauling ass....moving around, etc.   I don't like the trend on the GFS.

yeah....given the pattern there is probably going to be a big storm....just probably not for me and you :(

chase?

My model prediction skills are predicting a weenie euro run this afternoon. The problem will be that it would mean it's moving towards the gfs re-developer idea. Then again....the gfs could bury us first @ 12z. 

Same ole same ole. gotta wait for the closed upper low to actually take residence and be resolved before anything definitive is worth speaking about and even then....

If we do the recommended split the difference between the gfs/euro as it stands now.....we get smoked.

My model prediction skills are predicting a weenie euro run this afternoon. The problem will be that it would mean it's moving towards the gfs re-developer idea. Then again....the gfs could bury us first @ 12z. 

Same ole same ole. gotta wait for the closed upper low to actually take residence and be resolved before anything definitive is worth speaking about and even then....

If we do the recommended split the difference between the gfs/euro as it stands now.....we get smoked.

will the 32 degree countour be below us or up over Ontario?

With the block gone, 'haulin ass', ahem, it is hard to get excited. But maybe the models will give it back?

I agree if it is going to be cold, we should still be rooting for some kind of event.

No Easter bonnets this year

It's not really a hauling ass of a block. It's just a weird evolution in central canada as the ull spins over the far ne. The high heights are still there around and north of hudson bay but it's really dirty below that. Opens the door for a more n track.

Euro is way different in that regard. Pretty much a stone wall across canada and the NE. It's another common example of little things mean a heck of a lot downstream with solutions. You can't really buy into any camp right now. 

will the 32 degree countour be below us or up over Ontario?

you know....the Euro may not be the best long range model....GFS seems to catch some storms first...but within 0-48 its the best model. Its actually the best short range model in the world. No Model is really good 5 days out.....but 48 hours in....forget the Rap,NAM,GFS,Hi Res....the euro will nail it and never budge. The Euro never goes from .80 on 12z to .22 on 00z a day before the storm like the GFS/NAM

you know....the Euro may not be the best long range model....GFS seems to catch some storms first...but within 0-48 its the best model. Its actually the best short range model in the world. No Model is really good 5 days out.....but 48 hours in....forget the Rap,NAM,GFS,Hi Res....the euro will nail it and never budge. The Euro never goes from .80 on 12z to .22 on 00z a day before the storm like the GFS/NAM

You should post that here... www.facebook.com/wxrisk...

When the euro is steadfast it's tough to bet against. It's not always steadfast though. It can be jumpy when the gfs is steadfast. All models have their strengths and weaknesses depending on the setup. 

how does the 84 hour NAM look with regards to our 162 storm?

Who wants to be in the bullseye 1 week out?  With the degree of the block not clear, there is no way any model is going to have this thing nailed from this far out.  Out to sea Miller A and screw job Miller B still on the table, as is a better solution.    All I know is that I have had a lot of modeled snow this winter with not much to show for it.  Some real snow would take some of the bitterness out of this winter.

MDstorm

bust

Archived