12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been but it was only "winter cold" for a couple weeks. I've been out almost every weekend playing disc golf or hiking with the dog. I enjoy all seasons and as much as I post about it, snow is just a fun hobby. If it isn't cold and snowy I'm outside enjoying the weather. Even when it's below freezing during the day it's not that big of a deal. 40's are warmish. I fish a lot on the bay during trophy season and the cooler the better. I root for cool cloudy aprils but i keep it to myself so the wine and cheese party doesn't break out. 

I like extended cool way way more than extended heat. Being in the sun when it's 95 and thick still air is the absolute worst. My least favorite condition by a mile. Those conditions keep me indoors. Not anything else. 

Sounds like you and I have something in common, I hate heat, especially day after day after day of HHH.

Should I start a thread now or wait till 12z?   One thing that concerns me though is the April sun angle.  At that point in the season, humans aren't able to stand out in the sun for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.

that can be a productive period in a proper pattern for elevated areas well to the north and west...especially say above 1500'....If the models do show a storm, I wonder if people will realize that we aren't "all in it together" and that there is a difference between say Arlington VA and Skyline drive

12z gfs has the apr 3rd threat. Probably the first time in months I've seen an ull enter the country in so cal and traverse the gulf coast. This year has been dominated by ns vorts entering the pac nw from door to door. Even when we had a period of split flow it didn't make a difference. 

Probably won't be there in a few hours and even if it did go down that way it's getting too late to even track it. 

12z gfs has the apr 3rd threat. Probably the first time in months I've seen an ull enter the country in so cal and traverse the gulf coast. This year has been dominated by ns vorts entering the pac nw from door to door. Even when we had a period of split flow it didn't make a difference. 

Probably won't be there in a few hours and even if it did go down that way it's getting too late to even track it. 

Never to late to be Martin Luther King.

There's been a rather robust signal for a storm at that timeframe.  By that point, I'd be quite impressed if we even see snow in the air out of it.  Probably just some chilly heavy rain.  GFS and GEFS don't look quite as chilly for early April as some other recent runs would suggest.  Still probably near normal at best, however. 

There's been a rather robust signal for a storm at that timeframe.  By that point, I'd be quite impressed if we even see snow in the air out of it.  Probably just some chilly heavy rain.  GFS and GEFS don't look quite as chilly for early April as some other recent runs would suggest.  Still probably near normal at best, however. 

Honestly, I'd just like to be reminded that a miller A is still possible. Even if it's rain or a whiff. 

Bob has finally thrown in the towel...

Outlook for April... starting off cool but overall warm look especially by middle of the month. Warm March 31-April 3 as ext rwt arrives for the 3-4 then 10-15 degree drop in temps and colder April 4-6. Becoming 10-20 degrees warmer on 7-8 ahead of next rwt on 9 then warm ahead of another rwt expected to arrive April 11-12 with 10-15 degree cool down for the 13-14th which will be short lived. Then a 5-10 degree warm up again April 15-16 ahead of rwt for 16th and then around 5 degrees cooler for the 17 and then a 10-20 degree warm up again 18-19. I believe during and after the two short waves on the 9 and 11th temps will rise to above normal levels with warmth peaking around 18-19th and remain above normal but cooling slightly as we head through the 24th or so.

Sorry it's not pretty with pics to go along with it lol, some people were asking so I threw this together quickly since I have been short on time these past couple weeks.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I think the SW-rwt for April 11-12 has potential for svr wx or late season snow storm for the northern regions east of the Mississippi. Same goes for the April 3-4 SW-rwt

Good morning all. Happy snow DC and Balt areas. I'll be happy to start long range threads next year. You have to admit that 60+ pages and three good March snow events is a pretty good thread. Haha.

Glad you guys finally got some snow.

first week of april hecs looked good earlier on the gfs. 4-8 for winchester.

Maybe start one for April?

For you heat mongers, GFS has a 3 day stretch of 70s next thursday - Saturday...obviously little to no skill, especially with timing, but maybe we get some +5-+10's sometimes in the day 10 range

Do you have any thoughts on what kind of spring we're looking at ?  You nailed the theme of the winter with the late cold, and those Dec/Jan 5h analogs were a great call.

Hoping its not too dry like a Nina.

Archived