Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really.

On the night of Jan. 26, 2011, my part of Queens had over a dozen strikes in less then an hour.

Was a full blown thunderstorm at one point with 4" an hour.

How is that anything but amazing? Just because you once saw thundersnow of greater intensity doesn't diminish what Cantore witnessed.

How is that anything but amazing? Just because you once saw thundersnow of greater intensity doesn't diminish what Cantore witnessed.

He seems to be a lightning magnet huh, however I do think He did embellish his emotion for TV. Wouldn't that be funny if his camera guy had a strobe light behind the TWC truck staging it all...

Brian5671, on 19 Feb 2015 - 8:45 PM, said:

odd looking first guess.

This is only through 1am Sunday, is that what you mean?

that explains it.  Didn't see that-he usually does the whole event.

-

he does say in his writeup that due to the warmth coming off the ocean he sees little snow for NJ/Philly/NYC/CT etc.

Lol does Steve D purposely go less snowy when modeling goes snowy and more snowy when models go less snowy? I have noticed this pattern over the years, lol.

Lol i don't like to comment too much on other forecaster's calls, but I've noticed this as well. Maybe it's trying to score a coup in hopes that others blow the forecast and "bet against the house".....higher return, lower odds

Lol does Steve D purposely go less snowy when modeling goes snowy and more snowy when models go less snowy? I have noticed this pattern over the years, lol.

Very true. I have noticed this as well. Always has to be different. I wonder has anyone ever rated these fb/twitter mets? Like actually looked at who is higher % better in forecasting to busting?

Wow uptons map is the ultimate depression session for SE Nassau!!!! Qpf bullseye and less then an inch.

Meanwhile 4-6 in manhattan??!?

Where have I seen this before? Ohhh December. Not gonna happen this time. That's an early season situation. I think it's more like 1-2" in SE Nassau and 2-4" in manhattan

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived