Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

JB for the 2/7-8 storm

3 inch line from BWI to just south of Philly

6 inch line from ABE through NYC and along the CT coast

12 inch line from Poukeepsie to south of Hartford to south of Boston

Those guys along the Mass TPKE are going to have 100 inches of snow by the end of Feb. There are some 50 inch snow depth is Central Mass.

May force me to take a road trip soon.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what Larry is looking at, I count only 3 individual ensembles that are W of the OP, most just so the norlun feature. I love Cosgrove, but sometimes, when he jumps on an idea, he has trouble backing out. I still think it is too far out to know for sure, wish we had blocking though because it would have been epic if so. 

Not sure what Larry is looking at, I count only 3 individual ensembles that are W of the OP, most just so the norlun feature. I love Cosgrove, but sometimes, when he jumps on an idea, he has trouble backing out. I still think it is too far out to know for sure, wish we had blocking though because it would have been epic if so.

He's been calling for a storm in this timeframe.

He was horrendous on the blizzard. Still said NYC west was getting in on the heavy stuff even though it was obvious by then that they weren't. He's like a mini JB at times

Well, everybody busted on that lol.

Well, he does make a good case as to why the models would correct west. Still a long ways to go for the weekend and things can change in a hurry in this wild pattern.

Well, everybody busted on that lol.

Well, he does make a good case as to why the models would correct west. Still a long ways to go for the weekend and things can change in a hurry in this wild pattern.

Agree on the pattern.   Cosgrove is a good read, you just have to balance what he's saying with others out there.  I like how he breaks down and explains the pattern right or wrong.

LC has been very good this season and last. Although he did eventually jump on the blizzard bandwagon he was stubbornly resistant until nearly the bitter end. I was also surprise by his bullish call this morning but you got to give him credit for not "model hugging and index humping". 

LC has been very good this season and last. Although he did eventually jump on the blizzard bandwagon he was stubbornly resistant until nearly the bitter end. I was also surprise by his bullish call this morning but you got to give him credit for not "model hugging and index humping".

That was this morning. Unless something changes by Thursday, I think he'll have no choice but to reverse course.

Larry Cosgrove:

Update On Numerical Model runs later today. But I can tell you this: European and Canadian equations make a big deal out of the Saturday and Sunday storm. While Philly may get some snow, NYC....Providence....Boston....Portland....Halifax take a big hit. Again, the high water to snow ratio, strong winds, bitter cold and inverted trough enhancement are going to play havoc with activities and forecasts.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived