• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

This first guess is bad guessing in the NYC metro - DT should know better for instance if southern somerset county NJ is in the 1 -3 inch category northern middlesex above the raritan and points north through NE NJ should be too - or put southern somerset in the 1 inch category..........

https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk/photos/a.148807335166533.25889.129478830432717/806327076081219/?type=1&theater

His first call map is very different. Up to an inch nw of NYC. 1-3" nw NJ only

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a pretty fair forecaster IMO; I recall how he got the rain / snow line on the February 5, 2001 event within about 5 miles...which was a superb bit of forecasting

I actually remember hearing about that story not too long ago. This was second-hand, but I heard that there was a significant debate going on regarding where exactly the R/S line would park itself during that storm within the private sector mets in addition to the models at the time. He's been pretty great during the past decade or so that I can remember reading his outlooks 

I actually remember hearing about that story not too long ago. This was second-hand, but I heard that there was a significant debate going on regarding where exactly the R/S line would park itself during that storm within the private sector mets in addition to the models at the time. He's been pretty great during the past decade or so that I can remember reading his outlooks 

*Definitely recall him drawing one of his invisible lines through Syosset NY.*

JB brings up a good point, that the very warm water off the NE coast argues for the ridge further west and thus a further west track of the weekend storm...he uses some of the rainers that we've recently had as an example of storms tracking further west than earlier progged. (now we have to hope that this does not end up as an inland runner which would give us mostly rain especially along the coast)

JB brings up a good point, that the very warm water off the NE coast argues for the ridge further west and thus a further west track of the weekend storm...he uses some of the rainers that we've recently had as an example of storms tracking further west than earlier progged. (now we have to hope that this does not end up as an inland runner which would give us mostly rain especially along the coast)

inland runner... Not happening. There's like a 2% chance of that happening!

inland runner... Not happening. There's like a 2% chance of that happening!

Careful there.  That's been the winter trend with the ridge off the coast.   Some said last Monday was snow or no and we all got mostly rain (outside of some ice the first hour or so)  Not saying it will happen, and certainly hope it doesn't.

Careful there. That's been the winter trend. Some said last Monday was snow or no and we all got mostly rain (outside of some ice the first hour or so) Not saying it will happen, and certainly hope it doesn't.

it was Sunday and you can go back to the threads and all I predicted was an ice event changing to heavy rain. That storm was way different. It developed late. This storm makes it own cold air, and developing over the gulf. Classic miller A. These storms historically have dropped the most snow nyc has ever gotten.

Sent from my iPhone

it was Sunday and you can go back to the threads and all I predicted was an ice event changing to heavy rain. That storm was way different. It developed late. This storm makes it own cold air, and developing over the gulf. Classic miller A. These storms historically have dropped the most snow nyc has ever gotten.

Sent from my iPhone

Agree with you, but no solution is set in stone 4-5 days out.

Don't spike yet.  Still a ways to go here.  (and when has JB met a threat he doesnt like)  (Still havent forgotten his 2 feet from BDR to BOS last March)

and why are subscribers having to go on twitter to hear his thoughts?  Pro site has nothing...annoying to say the least.

Spike . I was saying he`s nuts 

6 to 12 max 15 for each ? No.

he's a bit vague. For example.  It's possibly PHL gets that for one, misses the 2nd storm and BOS gets that on the 2nd hit.  The post could lead one to believe that a given location gets both and has the possibility of 30 inches on the ground.   Could happen, but doubtful.   Even in the 1st scenario, would be awesome to see locales from DCA to BOS getting nailed by one of the storms.

he's a bit vague. For example.  It's possibly PHL gets that for one, misses the 2nd storm and BOS gets that on the 2nd hit.  The post could lead one to believe that a given location gets both and has the possibility of 30 inches on the ground.   Could happen, but doubtful.   Even in the 1st scenario, would be awesome to see locales from DCA to BOS getting nailed by one of the storms.

6 to 12 , 15 max is too aggressive for me . 1. The whole thing sits on the head of a pin and everything has to break right to stay all snow .

.8 frozen right now , so 6 would be my max . 

Round 2 Could be the better one , but the whole trough axis will depend on a lot of things that I can`t see with this monster in it`s way .

6 to 12 , 15 max is too aggressive for me . 1. The whole thing sits on the head of a pin and everything has to break right to stay all snow .

.8 frozen right now , so 6 would be my max . 

Round 2 Could be the better one , but the whole trough axis will depend on a lot of things that I can`t see with this monster in it`s way .

You couldn't have said it any better. It all has to come together perfectly, much like most storms for the coast. What is good at this point is that we have multiple storm threats that aren't just 250+ hours out. The trend is that they've seem to become more disjointed as we get closer to the event, but this one could be the opposite. At any rate, people can't have too much to complain about. We have multiple storm chances, sufficient cold, and support by arguably the best model

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived