Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

21294225_BG1.jpg

Yup...

What on earth are they basing that on to bring 4-8" all the way back here?

Not liking the trend for SLK now, 6z GFS is less than 1/2" liquid up there, they tend to do great when it's way NW and you all rain, since they get the heavy snow as a result. How does this look for the Berkshire ski areas? (Butternut, Jiminy, BEast), If their going to do just as well as SLK, I have a friends house that I can stay at and not have to drive 5 hours each way...

-skisheep

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gfs is an awful model. Even with dropsondes galore it couldn't hit a the broadside of a barn with a rake. Maybe it should get with the nam sometimes with truly berserk numbers to give us a good chuckle.

It's definitely had some awful solutions inside 3 days. It just looks way too warm for places like ORH. I didn't look in ME, but I assume the same. It's hinted near the day 5 frame of storms while the euro didn't really agree, but when it counts...I feel like the GFS has disappointed at times.

Now we see how it can manage to screw both of us...

I fully expect it ..never should have been hoodwinked by yesterday's earlier runs.

Yup, You need it to hug the coastline further north before it pulls away, That's why yesterday runs were better for up here, But there will be problems for many on here with these various solutions, Some will get rain for others to get beneficial snow out of this, Or some will get shut out and the ones that would have seen rain will snow, Just the make up of this one

Epic gradient across the Berkshires and E NY with that NAM run. Almost reminiscent of the blizzard where the east slope got pounded and it was just a pedestrian 8" event IMBY. I'd like to see it bomb out a hair earlier, but it's latitude placement would be good.

Just one more solution of what will likely be many different scenarios that will play out on the models. Still too soon for a consensus or for accumulation maps IMO.

It's definitely had some awful solutions inside 3 days. It just looks way too warm for places like ORH. I didn't look in ME, but I assume the same. It's hinted near the day 5 frame of storms while the euro didn't really agree, but when it counts...I feel like the GFS has disappointed at times.

when the chips are down and you need it most it is generally awful. Total opposite of the euro. I will look at it but rarely use it when biggies are on the table.

when the chips are down and you need it most it is generally awful. Total opposite of the euro. I will look at it but rarely use it when biggies are on the table.

When it counts, you can't beat it. I don't care what it shows day 8 or whatever, inside day 3 it's tough to beat. Yeah maybe it was too slow by 3 hrs in the blizzard, but very easy to adjust a bit to other guidance when that happens. I look at the GFS and other guidance to say maybe if the euro is too amped or juicy, but when it's consistent run after run..tough to ignore.

What on earth are they basing that on to bring 4-8" all the way back here?

Not liking the trend for SLK now, 6z GFS is less than 1/2" liquid up there, they tend to do great when it's way NW and you all rain, since they get the heavy snow as a result. How does this look for the Berkshire ski areas? (Butternut, Jiminy, BEast), If their going to do just as well as SLK, I have a friends house that I can stay at and not have to drive 5 hours each way...

-skisheep

They probably aren't even paying attention to CT since it's not in their viewing area.

The GFS makes Tony Romo look like a clutch QB.

Its amazing how bad it is every time there is a larger event. It performs pretty well in between, but like you said, when you really need it to come through the most, it folds like a cheap suit.

The GFS makes Tony Romo look like a clutch QB.

Its amazing how bad it is every time there is a larger event. It performs pretty well in between, but like you said, when you really need it to come through the most, it folds like a cheap suit.

makes Mark Sanchez look like a hall of fame QB.

I certainly feel your pain here west of ALB. We are pretty much on the same trajectory with this year's winter pattern.

I have seen a lot of winter's where SNE gets hit better than us, but rarely such a consistent sharp cut-off. Maybe we can score with next week's system. Then again maybe not....  LOL

Its the CNE and NNE winter from hell..... 3" from "Nemo"...... can't even bear to watch any more model runs with ticks south and east.  Tired of being nickle and dimed to death in the Champlain Valley.  Ugh!

Archived