CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb. 11 obs and discussion

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 925mb front is still all the way back in Ohio. During the day I don't think the northern valley in CT will get above 35, but at night when the 850mb front passes through our winds will pick up, we will mix and those low 40s will verify. I've seen this way too many times. We usually reach our highs in this setup around midnight, but how much snow will melt with 40F at night and windy?

The 925mb front is still all the way back in Ohio. During the day I don't think the northern valley in CT will get above 35, but at night when the 850mb front passes through our winds will pick up, we will mix and those low 40s will verify. I've seen this way too many times. We usually reach our highs in this setup around midnight, but how much snow will melt with 40F at night and windy?

what will dp's be?

probably not much have a solid coating of ice over it now if anything it will just settle and we will be left with a rock solid snowpack

Visibility about 3/8 mile here in AUG, same as it was for much of last Friday morning when 1"/hr came down. Much smaller flakes today, so I'm guessing that accum is .5"/hr or less, looks like about 1" new. Nice blob of yellow over MBY about half an hour back, so maybe a quick inch there, but forecast is 2-4" (was already under WWA before the update) so I think that range will verify w/o any overperforming - back edge of precip isn't all that far away. Still a lot better than the non-accumulating wintry mix that seemed likely when viewed from a couple days back.

Archived