joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 11 obs and discussion

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/2" new here, but we're up to 34° F and drizzle now. We had some snow, sleet, and freezing rain earlier.

Anyhow, a little OT for this thread, but I wish we could lock up the 06z GFS for this weekend. That is essentially a stronger version of this past weekend with a track 100 miles west, which would be a monster hit for far W NE, E NY, and areas of NNE that missed out on history this past weekend.

Regardless, I think the potential is there for something significant, but it's way too soon to be looking at specifics.

Yeah... Barre Falls Dam still showing 23.0F (although it looks like it updates 1 time per hour or so)

Neat gradient. I am only 3 miles from there

It is.  I'm about 7 miles west of there and the temp has been holding pretty consistent thus far.  I'm sure it won't be long until it starts ticking up.

That means nothing and proves my guess around 31 at the time. You weenies need to realize what QCing means.

NIST traceable thermometers can be had for under $50:

http://www.novatech-usa.com/Products/Digital-Traceable-Thermometers

It's a nice way to check your readings and then you know what it's reporting is correct.  I check my regular thermometers a few times a year but my online ones are use at your own risk.  The accuracy rating is ±2° which is too "wild" for me.  I'm waiting till I can afford a Young or Visalia.

A little late into this discussion but... Valleys were definitely colder...

On my drive from Westerly to West Greenwich around 8:15am Hope Valley at 70 feet elevation was 27 while West Greenwich at 550 feet was 36... usually it's the opposite. 

Not a speck of salt on 95... the off ramps were skating rinks.

The cold is hanging tough in GYX-land...

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...UPDATE...MAKING SIGNIFICANT ADJUSTMENTS TO THE GRIDS AS COLD AIRIS HOLD IN TOUGH ACROSS THE REGION. TEMPS STILL ONLY IN THE TEENSTO LOWER 20S AS WARM AIR IS HAVING A CHALLENGING TIME SCOURING OUTTHE ARCTIC AIR. SURFACE DEW POINT VALUES REMAIN VERY LOW AS WELL.WILL BE SENDING ANOTHER UPDATE SHORTLY...TO ADD MORE SNOW TO ALLCOUNTIES FOR THE REST OF THIS MORNING AND INTO THIS AFTERNOON.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled debate over whose CT temperature report is fradulent.

Archived