CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb. 11 obs and discussion

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just  got done with a stroll thru the Old Port ... giant cotton balls.  Has since settled down and seems to be about to change over.

attachicon.gif2013-02-11 12.32.38.jpg

love the christmas card snow...no worries on changeover, precip is just about to exit the region...we had a light glaze this morning, but it warmed quick and just rain...

44/43 here, starting to see some grass in thin spots where we had a minimum 3-4" of concrete covering everything. should get all the snow /ice of trees and shrubs, salavaging some of them . never seen rhododendrums on the ground like this

I have grass showing... Then again, some grass was showing o Saturday

Yeah obviously where any wind blew the ground fairly clean, that will show through quickly, but the other 95% of the landscape isn't losing their snow pack in 6 hours, lol...Kevin is absolutely horrible when he first accepts that there will be warmer temps after a ton of snow. It reminds me of when he thought 35" of snow would melt in February 2011 during that 2-3 day torch, lol. I think he still had 20" left at the end of it.  

Yeah obviously where any wind blew the ground fairly clean, that will show through quickly, but the other 95% of the landscape isn't losing their snow pack in 6 hours, lol...Kevin is absolutely horrible when he first accepts that there will be warmer temps after a ton of snow. It reminds me of when he thought 35" of snow would melt in February 2011 during that 2-3 day torch, lol. I think he still had 20" left at the end of it.

I do worry I admit. How much will we all lose tonight?

I do worry I admit. How much will we all lose tonight?

I dunno, 4-5"? A lot of it will just be compaction as the snow pack absorbs some of the light rain. There's still going to be a ton of snow on the ground after this...it will just be not quite as deep as before but have a higher water content.

Archived