CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb. 11 obs and discussion

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cold is hanging tough in GYX-land...

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled debate over whose CT temperature report is fradulent.

Yes, I was going to say we are going to have to really warm up in a hurry for this to changeover, I don't think it will happen very soon, Not a strong enough push from the SW to scour this cold out

Lol Kev, isn't low 40s 40+? And you will still have 18 to 24 inches of packed down glacier after it refreezes so don't worry.

He doesn't believe the NWS forecast. But he will warm close to 40F if he doesn't reach it...basically a semantics issue. Not much differencebetween 38.7F and 40.6F.

Yes, I was going to say we are going to have to really warm up in a hurry for this to changeover, I don't think it will happen very soon, Not a strong enough push from the SW to scour this cold out

Models would imply that it would have been rain up here even by noon. Not a chance. That is why you need forecasters.

Models would imply that it would have been rain up here even by noon. Not a chance. That is why you need forecasters.

This is more like a SWFE with the warmer air over the top of the cold air at the surface, It was suppose to be changing over here early PM as well, When you have a 2' snow pack its tough to scour the cold out at the surface, There is not a strong push from the SW

20-25 dbz returns to the SW moving NE, This will stack pretty quickly, Got to luv when you get over performers

Agreed.  22 degrees on the Portland/Falmouth line looking out at Casco Bay.  

I can usually see the Eastern Prom but not today as it's coming down pretty good.  Hearing the Portland Headlight fog horn blowin'.

1/4 - 1/2" so far

Archived