Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gfs gives new england like 400 inches of snow this run

I don't care if New England gets 1000 inches, if I can get get 10" from here on out and at least make 50% of climo I would be happy.  Not with the winter of course, but realistically with what is possible for the ending.  Besides, I wouldn't mind an end of the year ski weekend up to Vermont to salvage something of this pathetic season in 2 weeks. 

This was a GREAT run of the GFS, maybe the best we have had since 2010.  Possible small event right in front of us, then 3 distinct chances in the long range, one showing all snow and a couple after that where not much would need to change to at least have some front end snow to ice.  Hug this and run with it, at least until Dr No kills it in a few minutes. 

the weekend system looks like it has quite a bit of potential.  high building in from the northwest as a system gets organized to the south and reforms along the coast.  at least on paper, it looks like one of our best setups all year.

There's also a train of moisture / pecip getting pulled from the gulf pre-850. PD2 was 10 years ago so I have little memories of the details. I was living in germantown at the time and we got hit good with waa overunning before the main course. 

Euro has a stronger northern stream s/w than the GFS and goes with the Miller-B solution instead of the GFS idea for PD3.  Hopefully it gets BOS...*fingers and toes crossed!*

looks like they're screwed too

There's also a train of moisture / pecip getting pulled from the gulf pre-850. PD2 was 10 years ago so I have little memories of the details. I was living in germantown at the time and we got hit good with waa overunning before the main course. 

yea i was in mont village at the time.  that was just an absurd storm.  those early morning hours on sunday we must have received 4-6" in a couple hours.  that snow was piling up quick with temps in the teens.

Archived