Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is 6 days out, is a late developer, and the pattern is complex...I expect it will fluctuate greatly and I expect there is a good chance we will get screwed.

Solutions have already been all over the map.  But, the signal for a good-sized storm this weekend has been advertised by both globals for a few days already.  Seems our antecedent airmass will at least be better than what we'll have for Wednesday/Thursday.  

Solutions have already been all over the map. But, the signal for a good-sized storm this weekend has been advertised by both globals for a few days already. Seems our antecedent airmass will at least be better than what we'll have for Wednesday/Thursday.

I am interested to be sure..the pattern is ripe...But there is even more reason than usual to ignore a day 6 solution

it is 6 days out, is a late developer, and the pattern is complex...I expect it will fluctuate greatly and I expect there is a good chance we will get screwed.

Of course we will dude. BUt it's nice to dream. Look at the difference between 0z and this run. I can see 0z being the solution we end up with. Dry and partly sunny.

PD III can actually get better than the GFS has modeled. The h5 is still strung out and not consolidated. With the high lattitude blocking like we have, I expect more consolidation for the final solution. Could that mean an Apps runner? Yes. But it could also mean a high QPF,slow moving snow bomb up the entire east coast. Regardless of any individual model run, The overall players look great on the GFS, and i think thats all there is to take away at this point.

Archived