joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been terrible in north central Queens so far (not too far from lga).  Sleet keeps mixing in periodically and the steady and sometimes heavy snow just isn't accumulating.  The snow ratios must be really bad.  I have just under 2 inches here.  Every storm has underperformed here.  Even the November storm, which gave manhattan a solid 4 inches of snow only gave my area a slushy, melting 2 inches.  It is really frustrating to see all these borderline events particularly when places not too far do really well.  

did you miss out on that nice band from about 6-8pm?  im south of you, and have more than 2 inches

I think you'll have at least 6-7 hours of healthy snowfall rates there. I'd be surprised if you finish with less than 6". Probably 6-10" for there would be my estimate. The back edge won't come through until late overnight.

Iso are you back home or in PA? 

Snow/freezing rain here in Monroe.  Picking up in intensity and going to mainly all snow.

I think you'll have at least 6-7 hours of healthy snowfall rates there. I'd be surprised if you finish with less than 6". Probably 6-10" for there would be my estimate. The back edge won't come through until late overnight.

Was not expecting nearly that much once Mt. Holly lowered their totals for here. That would be awesome. Thanks.

We're finally mostly snow but damage is definitely done. Currently have an inch or so of slop and sleet. Snow growth still looks wretched, hopefully that gets better. I think we'll be lucky to end up with 8" near the south shore, probably 4-8" I'd say. The rest of this looks like it'll be heavy at times but nothing ridiculous. Last time I ever jump on board any kind of storm that has a primary low get to north of this latitude. I went against my own rule that worked out perfectly when I was in central PA. So close too..., that's what truly sucks. But we were due for an underperformer after all the huge events we've had.

TWC lowered amounts here to 3-6" lol....I have a bit over 4 now....definitely in the screw zone as I am right between that heavy stationary band over NYC and the back build from the west that isn't exactly filling in over me with more than light snow. It will fill in but maybe another 3-5" here. Not a big storm to be honest. Pretty disappointing

NJ and PA could actually see some decent banding pop up. The bands over LI are broken down. Wouldn't be surprised to see some 30 db bands forming with the shift in the motion.

Broken down ? Lol....if you were in one of those bands in Long Island around Setauket, I don't think you'd be saying that :P 3-5" per hour there. Some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen on radar

Archived