• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

It's 8pm.  Some of you need to calm down.  This is some of the worst I've seen in the years I've been on these boards.

Agreed. I'm snowing steadily in PA with many folks around here closing in on 1" from this new band already. Given we'll be on the edge, NYC is looking at 6-8 hours of snow tonight.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my call....it fills in and stays over NJ/NYC for about 5 hours....moderate snow at times heavy right before the storm wraps up and pulls away around 2 am....accumulating an inch an hour at times 2 for an additional 5-10 on top of what we have now. I have about 4....so expecting the 11-14 that I originally was thinking for days. Can't say I'm disappointed if I get it

Nothing here in Westbury the last three hours except sleet. Thought once we got the changeover to snow we would be good. Neither the NAM nor the EURO will come close to verifying for Nassau, queens, and the city. Bad luck that heavy stuff in Suffolk is staying there and not moving west. Unless things change soon, then this is a fairly big bust for sure for those in western Long Island.

this post would make sense at noon.  not 8pm.  for what most were predicting this is shaping up for a huge bust in nassau county.

31* and sleet

There's 8 to 12 inches accross the north shore of Nassau and Suffolk. I know the south shore has had a sleet fest.

That's why everyone's gets cautioned when they see a model run and blog 96 , boxing day etc. The north shore may wind up with 18 plus Happens

Archived