joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Spring 2013

heavy_wx

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm sucks here. Sorry but to me its a bust. I never expected a ton here but I figured a solid 6" or so and never expected to hit 40 degrees this morning. I have been getting good snowfall rates but its honestly melting quicker than its accumulating. I think its gonna be a huge struggle to reach 4" storm total here.

There was going to be a cutoff to the south of Buffalo. We have well over six inches in Parkside, so I think the warning verified. I wouldn't call it a bust, but everyone has been on the outside sometime and it sucks.

I'm on that little notch of Onondaga county outside Auburn, the snow is really starting to band in crazy here after being completely dry all day. I'll get a few pics up shortly.

Over here in CNY, some banding starting to take place just to SYR's west...and an unofficial report of 4" in 2 hours between Auburn and ROC.

Moderate snow in Ithaca for the past 90 minutes, only a little under an inch in accumulation. The radar says we're under the heaviest snow currently in upstate NY, which is pretty pathetic if true. The hi res NAM, RAP and RUC have the snow sticking around until 2-4 AM but looking at the western edge of the precip marching east I'm not exactly confident that's going to happen.

There was going to be a cutoff to the south of Buffalo. We have well over six inches in Parkside, so I think the warning verified. I wouldn't call it a bust, but everyone has been on the outside sometime and it sucks.

does anyone read the word "here"? I said it was a bust here. Not in North Buffalo not in Niagara Falls not in Rochester I said here. Im glad everyone else got their snow though I really am. Take some more pics for us who couldnt be as fortunate lol.

MAYBE next time,where in s buf are you located?

Right next to the West Seneca border. Maybe 1.5" of 3:1 ratio cement here with just flurries now. I don't think we can call this a bust, we did get the QPF, as my back can attest to. I can't recall a synoptic event having such a gradient like this.

does anyone read the word "here"? I said it was a bust here. Not in North Buffalo not in Niagara Falls not in Rochester I said here. Im glad everyone else got their snow though I really am. Take some more pics for us who couldnt be as fortunate lol.

Blame MY DOG,he predicted 2-5" for s BUF this morning:D

Right next to the West Seneca border. Maybe 1.5" of 3:1 ratio cement here with just flurries now. I don't think we can call this a bust, we did get the QPF, as my back can attest to. I can't recall a synoptic event having such a gradient like this.

trust me its no 3:1 snow lmfao. That is just about impossible. Maybe 7:1-8:1 but still feels like shoveling cement. Maybe 3" here at best and thats being generous eyeballing it.

Archived