• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Spring 2013

heavy_wx

^_^ Don't worry, The 6z model runs along with High Res all slowed down the transition time to the coastal as well as travel the clipper about 20-30 miles more north. Last minute glitch! As you said the main show is the 6-8 hour deform band with possible banding that will be hitting us shortly. I still think Niagara and Orleans county get 10-15 inches, they are already at 3 I believe. Reports coming in from Hamilton of 8 inches already and Toronto 10 inches.

i believe Buffalo northward will do well with this and from Tonawanda creek northward will do very well. For us in the southtowns, not so much. Maybe 6" if were lucky. No forecast got us even close to 39 degrees for gods sake.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe Buffalo northward will do well with this and from Tonawanda creek northward will do very well. For us in the southtowns, not so much. Maybe 6" if were lucky. No forecast got us even close to 39 degrees for gods sake.

Yeah down slope flow is really killing it in terms of temperatures. But that 20-30 mile shift did us in, we would of been getting what Niagara Falls is getting currently.

Yeah down slope flow is really killing it in terms of temperatures. But that 20-30 mile shift did us in, we would of been getting what Niagara Falls is getting currently.

for us this will be a dud no doubt. For those in Niagara and Orleans counties its gonna be a whole other world! Kinda want to go to my Aunts house in Lockport.

that yellow/orange area on the radar is bright banding right over the city.  That's likely where the transition is located.

Orchard Park has always been in a precarious spot given the sharp nouth/south gradient in the lift/qpf fields.

Quite a large shift north in that latest short range model don't ya think?

V1ShbtU.png

for us this will be a dud no doubt. For those in Niagara and Orleans counties its gonna be a whole other world! Kinda want to go to my Aunts house in Lockport.

Meh...this side of the storm isn't worth a chase. However, Boston Mass would be totally worth it. Whatever falls today will be gone by Monday anyways. ^_^

RochesterDave was right about this one. Bust.

How is this a bust? Wheatfield has 3.5 inches already, Niagara Falls 4 inches. This is far from a bust. Me and you were supposed to get 6 inches from this from nearly all models...Did you really expect more for us? Its going exactly as predicted...6-12 inches from Kbuf north.

How is this a bust? Wheatfield has 3.5 inches already, Niagara Falls 4 inches. This is far from a bust. Me and you were supposed to get 6 inches from this from nearly all models...Did you really expect more for us? Its going exactly as predicted...6-12 inches from Kbuf north.

if i land up with 4-6 inches I will say its not a bust. Until then its a bust, at least for the southtowns. Its a bust to me when my forecasted high by the NWS is 33 with a chance of sleet mixing in and I wake up to 39 degrees and moderate rain.

if i land up with 4-6 inches I will say its not a bust. Until then its a bust, at least for the southtowns. Its a bust to me when my forecasted high by the NWS is 33 with a chance of sleet mixing in and I wake up to 39 degrees and moderate rain.

We will get 4-8 which was predicted all along...Going to be some impressive rates later this afternoon.

I dont use the HRRR. But we'll see I guess.  I think we'll be fine.  Rochester isn't getting 1 or 2" lol.

Youngstown to north of Rochester will probably see 12"+.

Yeah, quite the LOL in that one! Hopefully lake enhancement might be able to chip in a few more inches on the backside, what is your thinking on that?

When was that storm when Rochester got clocked with close to two feet and Syracuse was more like 3 to 6? This is going back a ways but was a strong Appalachians runner. Buffalo probably picked up over a foot if Rochester was close to two but they also had lake enhancement. 8 to 10 years or more???

March 3,4 1999... The ROC got about 2 feet.  Then another 18 inches on the 7th.  Probably the highest 5 day snow total in ROC history.  The first storm featured an unrelenting lake enhanced deformation band.

Apologies for my supercrap photog skillz. This at least shows the accumulation on the streets. Side street was bare at 8AM.

St. Mark's Church is about 1/8 mi away-- that's my "heavy snow" visibility landmark.

Intensity has picked up in last 10 mins (since picture was taken), by the way.

20130208.JPG

Archived