joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Spring 2013

heavy_wx

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "dry slot" from the degrading sfc/mid level low is now apparent on the KBUF radar.  I can almost envision a scenario where it pivots towards the Southeast as it is absorbed into the new coastal system...which would prolong the snow for locations along the Lake Ontario shore.  If not, this might be game over even sooner than I expected. 

Doing pretty good in the ROC, probably have 4 inches of cement right now.  ratios are probably 8-1.

The "dry slot" from the degrading sfc/mid level low is now apparent on the KBUF radar. I can almost envision a scenario where it pivots towards the Southeast as it is absorbed into the new coastal system...which would prolong the snow for locations along the Lake Ontario shore. If not, this might be game over even sooner than I expected.

Doing pretty good in the ROC, probably have 4 inches of cement right now. ratios are probably 8-1.

absolutley dumping right now with what Id eyeball about 2" at most but the back edge of the precip looks to be through me withn an hour or so unless it really starts to pivot or rebuilds to the west a bit. BUST here for sure.

Still nothing at all here, just some very light flurries coming down. The radar to the west is blown up but it just doesn't want to move any closer to me. It's like there is a wall between the Oswego/Cayuga county lines haha. Guess it's just a wait and see game for the rest of the day.

BTW added my location for the people who didn't know, it was brought to my attention so i added it, never thought of it until now. Sorry about that.

Still nothing at all here, just some very light flurries coming down. The radar to the west is blown up but it just doesn't want to move any closer to me. It's like there is a wall between the Oswego/Cayuga county lines haha. Guess it's just a wait and see game for the rest of the day.

BTW added my location for the people who didn't know, it was brought to my attention so i added it, never thought of it until now. Sorry about that.

There's only about 20 miles between us but it sounds like there's a big difference in conditions.  It's been snowing here all day and is currently snowing moderately. 

Still moderate to at times heavy snow. The snow is really wet and has melted / compacted some, but I'd guess close to 6" has fallen here. Temperature peaked about an hour ago and is around 33 now. Really pretty outside with very "sticky" snow and no wind.

BUF expects 2-3" more today and another 2-4" tonight,this is from the updated zone forecast..

I know it doesn't seem like anything but the precip ending from west to east is not a dryslot.  The dryslot occurred last night...ahead of the system.

Snows will gradually fill in along the 700mb low but the rates will decrease through the afternoon as the lift shifts east.

At least we should begin to cool so even the light snow can stick a bit better.  It's been 1/2" to 1" an hour type snow but we've been losing over half of it to melting.

it was raining all morning here until 11am. It was 38 degrees when I woke up and it touched 40 degrees here. Hell its still 34 degrees and snow is compacting and melting as quickly as its accumulating.

i wish that dryslot fills in,getting some nice snowfall rates currently@!

I know it doesn't seem like anything but the precip ending from west to east is not a dryslot.  The dryslot occurred last night...ahead of the system.

Snows will gradually fill in along the 700mb low but the rates will decrease through the afternoon as the lift shifts east.

At least we should begin to cool so even the light snow can stick a bit better.  It's been 1/2" to 1" an hour type snow but we've been losing over half of it to melting.

It does seem like something, so thank you for pointing it out. I was talking about the apparent break in the precipitation on the radar earlier. I'm guessing that is the deformation zone?

It does seem like something, so thank you for pointing it out. I was talking about the apparent break in the precipitation on the radar earlier. I'm guessing that is the deformation zone?

the weaker stuff is associated with the 700mb low/deformation zone.  At least temps should cool so we aren't losing over half of what is falling to melting.

the stuff further east is more associated with 850-700mb frontogenesis/warm advection.

This storm sucks here. Sorry but to me its a bust. I never expected a ton here but I figured a solid 6" or so and never expected to hit 40 degrees this morning. I have been getting good snowfall rates but its honestly melting quicker than its accumulating. I think its gonna be a huge struggle to reach 4" storm total here.

This storm sucks here. Sorry but to me its a bust. I never expected a ton here but I figured a solid 6" or so and never expected to hit 40 degrees this morning. I have been getting good snowfall rates but its honestly melting quicker than its accumulating. I think its gonna be a huge struggle to reach 4" storm total here.

Speak for yourself my friend, ROC has had Moderate to heavy snow for 5 hours straight now.  Its been absolutley fantastic.

Archived