joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS won the battle over the NAM in north GA. Only a few flakes imby but the .15 the GFS had for days verified and it did snow in north GA. The NAM was too dry all along. I bet areas around here scored more than .15 as well.

Are you saying you saw some flakes in Marietta, itself? The 850's there were at or slightly below 0C..so not a shock. I had all rain here in Dunwoody. I bet we got ~0.25" here. I still haven't seen any sleet or snow fall since March of 2010. Although I would have liked to have seen a few flakes or pellets, I don't mind as that would make the first ones that much sweeter when I finally see them. The novelty is what I like most about it.

Are you saying you saw some flakes in Marietta, itself? The 850's there were at or slightly below 0C..so not a shock. I had all rain here in Dunwoody. I bet we got ~0.25" here. I still haven't seen any sleet or snow since March of 2010. Although I would have liked to have seen a few flakes or pellets, I don't mind as that would make the first ones that much sweeter when I finally see them. The novelty is what I like most about it.

You didn't see any snow on Dec 26 2010?

You didn't see any snow on Dec 26 2010?

Funny you ask that. Actually, I did see some on the ground on 12/26/10, when I had to take a trip to NC from Savannah. I meant that I haven't seen any fall since March of 2010 (Dunwoody). I was in Savannah most of the winter of 2010-11.

Funny you ask that. Actually, I did see some on the ground on 12/26/10, when I had to take a trip to NC from Savannah. I meant that I haven't seen any fall since March of 2010 (Dunwoody). I was in Savannah most of the winter of 2010-11.

Oh I see what you are talking about. I assumed you still lived in Savannah.

Currently 43 and clear outside. Going for 34.

Are you saying you saw some flakes in Marietta, itself? The 850's there were at or slightly below 0C..so not a shock. I had all rain here in Dunwoody. I bet we got ~0.25" here. I still haven't seen any sleet or snow fall since March of 2010. Although I would have liked to have seen a few flakes or pellets, I don't mind as that would make the first ones that much sweeter when I finally see them. The novelty is what I like most about it.

I was up on the cobb and cherokee co border today where I saw the flakes. It was at the onset and they were hardly worthy of calling flakes more like mutilated slushballs lasting only a minute or two.

Back edge of the light snow seems to be finally moving through. Have had constant light to bursts of moderate snow since noon. I went out and measured and we got between 2-2.5 inches. Roads are a mess and it all started when a really good band came through just before sunset. The models and the NWS busted almost 10 degrees too high for today's high.

post-6441-0-96813200-1359856430_thumb.jp

Glad to see the white stuff make it all the way down to GA!

I was up on the cobb and cherokee co border today where I saw the flakes. It was at the onset and they were hardly worthy of calling flakes more like mutilated slushballs lasting only a minute or two.

You mean you wouild belittle the warped slushball snow flake??  Shame...thing of all those shutin's who would love to see a slush ball snow flake.  Think of the old, or older children.  The poor ones yearning for snow, even a pitiful slushball, lol.  It finally started raining about an hour ago.  It's 45 at 9, so I missed my prediction of lower 40's by eight :)  But I have to say Goofy was onto something from weeks ago.  I marked this weekend down as good for Ga. from what the GFS was saying in crazyland, and it came to pass!  Just not down here, and on Larry, where it counts, lol.  And as usual Marietta got to see some :)  Marietta always gets some if it comes down anywhere.  T

Yeah DSAUR, I tend to agree with you about the long range GFS. If it locks in for a few days with a storm, it often happens in reality. Now that doesn't mean that it will snow in my backyard but there is usually a storm somewhere on the map or a close call. Looks like around Valentines day is the next time to be looking for a storm.

Yeah DSAUR, I tend to agree with you about the long range GFS. If it locks in for a few days with a storm, it often happens in reality. Now that doesn't mean that it will snow in my backyard but there is usually a storm somewhere on the map or a close call. Looks like around Valentines day is the next time to be looking for a storm.

You know I've watched it for years.  Every so often it sees something it likes in a time frame, keeps it, and it happens, in some form, close to where it said it would.  Maybe not as depicted.  This was a gom low two weeks ago, and it was happening on Fri, lol.  But, hey, if I just picked a few days, two weeks out, and said a type of precip, and where in the state, I wouldn't get as close as good ole Goofy....at least I haven't yet, lol.   And I do like the look going into Vday.  Hope it stays on the maps.  Tony

Congrats to those seeing snow. Sounds like some of you ended up with a very nice wintry day

Got lucky enough to get in on a little flizzard myself tonight. Wish it would do this all night.

Hi neighbor! Yeah, it would be great to get this all night. Oh well. It was a nie treat as we were coming home from G-boro.

Archived