joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had two periods of light showers with the partly cloudy yesterday afternoon.  Just a curiosity, but welcome rain, as always.  T

Perfect sleeping weather :hug: 

0.95" overnight. even heard some sleep pinging around sometime last night

CAE picked up 1.56  :D 

Did quite well yesterday with rain...picked up just a tad over an inch, thanks to some pretty heavy rain for a few hours toward the end of the rain shield. If only it was an inch liquid of snow :arrowhead:

What is this snow word  :P  :hug:

Statement as of 8:38 PM EST on February 10, 2013

A line of sleet mixed with snow and rain is crossing over
southwest Virginia... southeast West Virginia... and northwest
North Carolina. This line is moving toward the northeast at 35
mph. Brief bursts of frozen precipitation may occur at
first... before the precipitation tapers and transitions to cold
rain. Beware of possible slick spots on the roads during the next
few hours... especially on bridges and overpasses.

1.25 since dusk.  Really great rains this week.. and more on the way.  Great winter for rain down here in droughtland.  T

Yep, only positive thing about this winter. The lakes have come way up. Ground is saturated, it's wonderful.

Anyway, picked up around 1.25 here also and morning radar shows a lot more on the way, as you said last night. In fact it looks fantastic with training moderate rain from Al to Tx that appears to be heading right this way. So after a brief break, looks like we are looking forward to good rains all day.

CAE ended up with .26 and a "T" of snow yesterday   :)    I had 7 flakes(am), 25 pellets of graupel(late afternoon) and a brief flizzard for 10 minutes about 8:30pm   :wub:

Way to go!  More coming :)  I got to 22.3 on my coldest sensor.  23 and 24 on the others.  I give it credit for being a good cold shot.  Now if it would stick around, and have some friends come visit, lol.  T

Archived