amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go!  More coming :)  I got to 22.3 on my coldest sensor.  23 and 24 on the others.  I give it credit for being a good cold shot.  Now if it would stick around, and have some friends come visit, lol.  T

low of 23 here last night and Goofy is still saying the rain will find mby a couple of times this week.    :hug:  

Been getting lightening the past half hour or so, and now the thunder is starting up....be great if I could start getting more rain than the spitting sprinkles I've been getting :)  I know it's coming..but I'm impatient.  Can't get enough rain.  T

The lightning and thunder is pretty impressive, I saw a very bright flash only a few seconds ago.

Yeah, it's been a good show.  And now the rain has begun, and I hope it stays begun for days, lol.  Rolling thunder in Feb. ...don't get that too often.  You know what they say..."thunder in Moleville in Feb., sleet within 10 days.  It's coming, lol.    T

molehole..lol. .Have you named your own screwzone area like me? If so,  It's bad when you have to name your own little screwzone isn't it?

I am amazed you haven't done so well as far as rain goes. 1.15 with this one. Good news is you have a few more chances to get your mole hole filled with rain :P

Cold and dreary day.  I hate these kinds of days.  Temp is 37 with a stiff east wind.  1.07" storm total so far.

To me it's a lot better than sunny and windy to me (especially if it's cold). Man I hate those types of days. 

39 here. I've always liked these types of days for some reason...although winter weather with it would be a lot better. Of course that goes without saying doesn't it :arrowhead: But this type of day would be painful if the carolinas (especially western carolinas) were getting snow/ice.

Looks like I'll end up with 1.17 or so with this first wave.

To me it's a lot better than sunny and windy to me (especially if it's cold). Man I hate those types of days. 

39 here. I've always liked these types of days for some reason...although winter weather with it would be a lot better. Of course that goes without saying doesn't it :arrowhead: But this type of day would be painful if the carolinas (especially western carolinas) were getting snow/ice.

I'm with you!  I love a winters day like this.  Cold and rainy is only a step below sleet and snow :)  I ended up with .9 over night, but the amazing thing was the thunder.  Rolling, booming thunder until after 4am when I went to sleep.  It started up about 11, so a long session of wall rattling thunder with lots of lightening.  Most interesting night.  T

66 with rain rain, and rain. Expecting 3-6 inches in total by Tuesday. This should significantly help out the drought.

LOL why are there no flood watches then?

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL

245 PM EST FRI FEB 22 2013

.SHORT TERM...TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY...

MAIN CONCERN THROUGH THE WEEKEND WILL BE AMOUNT OF RAINFALL ACROSS

SE GA WHERE MINOR FLOODING HAS BEGUN ALONG THE ALTAMAHA RIVER AT

BAXLEY. MINOR RIVER FLOODING IS FORECAST FROM THERE TO BRUNSWICK

OVER THE NEXT 5 DAYS...AS ANOTHER 2 TO 4 INCHES IS FORECAST.

LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE.

I'm with you!  I love a winters day like this.  Cold and rainy is only a step below sleet and snow :)  I ended up with .9 over night, but the amazing thing was the thunder.  Rolling, booming thunder until after 4am when I went to sleep.  It started up about 11, so a long session of wall rattling thunder with lots of lightening.  Most interesting night.  T

I agree :wub:  

CAE has picked up .21 on the 19th and .22 so far today  ^_^

9.6 inches of rain in the two week period ending Tues.  It has been at least since 99 that I've had this good a winter.  And I read people complaining about too much rain....yes, including you, Bevo :), and I hope you don't come to regret those sentiments.  I've endured an inch of snow when every one else got 4 or 6.  I've seen a tenth of rain compared to the several inches or more that others close by have gotten.  I'm here to tell you drought sucks. especially in winter, when you are supposed to get rain, and if you are lucky enough to have it cold enough and have timing, when it does snow you get squat, or less than squat.  So if it rains, glory in it because I've been seeing what happens when it goes away, and it ain't pretty.  Me..... I'd like to see a foot of rain in the next two weeks, or the frozen equivalent.  :) I'll never be able to get enough rain, not after the last 30 + years down here.  T

Archived