• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

Preaching to the choir. LAF fooked again.

Time for more drinking.

This will be season 2 without a event totaling over 6" inches. Mind you this area averages about 2 such events a season.

And yeah i will go hardcore in this thread if such a event happens in April. By then it is too late to matter as melting etc will certainly be a issue. Don't care for anymore stat padding snows like we have gotten since late January here.

Why ( despite what some may think ) i am hoping for warmer/wetter times. Just NOT Warmer/drier like last March. The MJO is trying like hell to make it happen ( been hanging out in phase 6 which is a warm phase ) but as i have feared it seems to be having no effect. Thus the torture continues. lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those in N.IN as they have been screwed really hard as well.

And it figures I'm home in PA on spring break.  We could squeeze out an inch on Wednesday if bl temps cooperate.

This honestly is the icing on the turd cake.  Worst winter of my life.  Worse than 07-08 (despite having a higher season total).

And it figures I'm home in PA on spring break.  We could squeeze out an inch on Wednesday if bl temps cooperate.

This honestly is the icing on the turd cake.  Worst winter of my life.  Worse than 07-08 (despite having a higher season total).

That really sucks. Sorry to hear man. This winter for me ranks up there with 80-81 back east for suckage. Had the cold but ala failed miserably in the snow dept. Being from back east you can probably understand that better ( wasted cold air ) then most out this way. Ofcourse i believe most shared in that misery unlike this sh!tbag of a winter. Ofcourse some have had it worse and thus see Lansing. :yikes:

This will be season 2 without a event totaling over 6" inches. Mind you this area averages about 2 such events a season.

And yeah i will go hardcore in this thread if such a event happens in April. By then it is too late to matter as melting etc will certainly be a issue. Don't care for anymore stat padding snows like we have gotten since late January here.

Why ( despite what some may think ) i am hoping for warmer/wetter times. Just NOT Warmer/drier like last March. The MJO is trying like hell to make it happen ( been hanging out in phase 6 which is a warm phase ) but as i have feared it seems to be having no effect. Thus the torture continues. lol

:lmao: not you too Harry! This term has absolutely gotten out of control here the last 2 winters :lol:. It appears that absolutely every kind of snow imaginable is stat-padding snow, be its slushy, fluffy, powder, etc. To me there is no such thing as stat-padding snow. Hell if you wanna get technical, to me the closest thing to stat-padding snow is those questionable totals in massive storms that dont jive with surrounding totals (see BAL and I think PHL in 2010, or that upstate NY les event many years back). Its very conceivable that one event alone is tainting the record by several inches in one full swoop.

I can tell this winter really is wearing on you, if YOU are ready for warmth! Having lost you, I truly believe I am by myself this year in wanting snow through April. That strat warming could perhaps help a big wet spring snow down the road. Torture away, mjo!

I'd take snow in May as well (given how rare it is even here).  I'd love it on my birthday (April 15th) given I've seen anything from mid to upper 80s and torching to 40s and rain, snow would fit right in.

lol, April 12th here. Seen it snow a few times on my birthday through the years. Always a nice bonus present.

Archived