joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'll make the first entry.  Israel which is at the same latitude as Georgia has as much or more snow after today that what we have had all year.  And I am on the edge of the LES belt in West MI.

Same thing has been happening in China except even further south i believe towards/at the coast.. Crazy huh? :lol:

Gotta admit it is frustrating to constantly see all the cold stay over on that side of the globe. Hopefully that changes in the next week or two..

Nice! If I can talk my wife into it, I will retire somewhere in the Tughill...or Hancock, MI.....or on the top of Mt. Rainier. :P

Personally if i can get my way i would like somewhere just west of Kalamazoo ( the city ) and or between there and Bloomingdale which now averages close to 100" a season and can cash in very nicely from nw/nnw flow events and ofcourse still cash in with wnw/west flow. The other places are too damn remote for my taste.

Nice! If I can talk my wife into it, I will retire somewhere in the Tughill...or Hancock, MI.....or on the top of Mt. Rainier. :P

I like the Houghton/Hancock area, I'm probably looking at purchasing a second home or cottage there in the next few years.

Lots of snow, breweries and modern conveniences.

Same thing has been happening in China except even further south i believe towards/at the coast.. Crazy huh? :lol:

Gotta admit it is frustrating to constantly see all the cold stay over on that side of the globe. Hopefully that changes in the next week or two..

The sea ice has exploded off the Chinese coast... its quite visible on the satellite images. There is a 126F temp difference between the warmest and coldest cities in China right now.

Went hiking in the Tug Hill Plateau last week. Ridiculous ... The snow was only about mid thigh deep! It should have been at least mid torso. Winter FAIL!

attachicon.gifTug_Hill_Snow.jpg

Nice pic.

To add a complaint...when I walked out of work, the sky was deep blue, the wind was whistling (from the SW), the snow was rapidly melting, and the air smelled like spring. And this put me in a CRANKY mood, the complete opposite affect it has on most people.

Personally if i can get my way i would like somewhere just west of Kalamazoo ( the city ) and or between there and Bloomingdale which now averages close to 100" a season and can cash in very nicely from nw/nnw flow events and ofcourse still cash in with wnw/west flow. The other places are too damn remote for my taste.

I like the Houghton/Hancock area, I'm probably looking at purchasing a second home or cottage there in the next few years.

I want to live out in nature. :). That is why the Houghton and Hancock areas are nice. Beautiful, lots of snow, rural, but still a community.

:lmao: Ill be damned. Its the truth though. In terms of weather-altering moods, honestly I am in a better mood on a steel gray sky, rainy day in the middle of May than I am on a sunny, 45F+ day at any time from Dec through Feb.

So what you are saying is this thread will REALLY explode tomorrow? :P

My only complaint is the damn wind which was blowing good today. Had some gusts topping the 40mph mark.

Plus, Michigan Tech University is in Houghton...a fun place.  

I was there last February for the Winter Carnival and the snow sculpture displays...and watched a few games of broom ball. :)

My complaint is why can't this weather wait until mid to late February. I'd rather be cashing in on my biggest winter weather events of the season right now.

I'll be wearing shorts Thursday and Friday, we may hit 70 both days. And, yes, that will be a record high if we hit 70 on Friday, old record was set in 1890 when we hit 69. Sigh. I love 70 degree weather from late February to the middle of November, but not in January.

Archived